PDA

View Full Version : Automating plugins and Lscripts?

Revanto
11-04-2008, 04:06 AM
I wanna firstly thank everyone for being patient with me because I'm asking alot of questions and have made a few requests. But I hope to make some good use with all the info.

Anyway, I know there is a way of automating plugins and Lscripts using the 'edit command' option. But it seems very limited from an amateur's point of view like mine.

I was wondering how I could automate some of the plugins and Lscript so they work a bit like 'actions' in photoshop.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Also, how does one turn an Lscript into a button which can be added to a menu?

Appreciations for any help.

Cheers,
Revanto

JBT27
11-04-2008, 04:16 AM
To turn any command into a button, use the Edit Menu Layout in the Edit menu - you can customise pretty much how you like.

Experiment with it..... :)

Julian.

evenflcw
11-04-2008, 05:39 AM
LScripts, command sequence/generic ones anyway, when installed/added, are turned into commands and commands can be placed as buttons in the menus.

Automating or creating macros really isn't as easy as in Photoshop. You pretty much have to open up notepad or the LSEditor and write a script manually. Unfortunately.

Revanto
11-04-2008, 03:09 PM
Automating or creating macros really isn't as easy as in Photoshop. You pretty much have to open up notepad or the LSEditor and write a script manually. Unfortunately.

Pity. I've seen Modo emulate Photoshop action but don't know to what extent the process can go. It also helps if you actually have Modo (which I don't)

Thanks for the tips

Revanto