PDA

View Full Version : F9 vs appleF9????

virtualcomposer
11-03-2008, 11:04 PM
I find that when I will be working in LW and hit F9 to render but it activates the OSX feature. I have to hit appleF9 to get it to render. Is there a way to change this? I don't like having to stretch my fingers every-time when I'm really into my project. I'd rather hit the F9, test it, and go on.

meshpig
11-03-2008, 11:27 PM
Just assign a new key for render current frame... I use "i" as it's more or less in the same region for touch typing.

m

Red_Oddity
11-04-2008, 06:17 AM
Or just disable expose from the control panel (atleast, that worked for me a couple of years ago when it was first introduced, i didn't need the graphic fluff that screwed with my workflow)

JeffrySG
11-04-2008, 09:22 AM
Or just disable expose from the control panel (atleast, that worked for me a couple of years ago when it was first introduced, i didn't need the graphic fluff that screwed with my workflow)

I did the same thing. I moved the one expose feature that I use (the widgets) to F13 to clear up F12 for switching between modeler and layout.

Chilton
11-07-2008, 12:19 AM
Hi,

Apple+F9 was actually a bug initially, which our users were able to use until we fixed the bug. Then we found out that people were using it, so we put a special case back in for it ;-)

But, if you've been following the Open Beta notes, you'll see we added a Mac specific way around the F9 debacle, due to the massive F-key overload on the newer MacBooks and MacBook Pros.

-Chilton

dwburman
11-07-2008, 09:08 AM
From the Apple menu open System Preferences

Click on Exposť & Spaces

You can change the keyboard shortcuts here.
If you hold down modifier keys while picking the key from the drop down menu you can tell the keyboard command to be Shift-F9 instead of F-9. Also, Spaces (OS 10.5) defaults to F8 so be sure to change that one as well.

I changed all the Mac OS keyboard shortcuts to cmd-shft-fkey. The default mac os keys get in the way of other apps.