PDA

View Full Version : I want modeler to show only the first layer when I open an object...

zardoz
11-03-2008, 05:24 PM
Long title says it all.

Sometimes when an object has lots of layers and it's quite complex, opening it can take a while...and my setup is kind of ok (intel quadcore 2.5ghz, 4gigs ram, 8800gt 512).
I don't need modeler to open the object showing all the layers. Only one, the first one.

Even when we send it from layout to modeler it should open only the selected layer. This would speed things a lot.

tx

hrgiger
11-03-2008, 06:51 PM
Well, I think it should show all the layers for most scenarios but I agree that a heavy object split into multiple layers, it would be good to only show the first layer. Would be a good preference to tick on or off in general preferences.

jburford
11-04-2008, 01:05 AM
Not for me!! Perhaps as an option for those Mega Objects, but not as a standard.

gareth8755
11-04-2008, 01:53 AM
Agree with hrgiger, large models with complex multiple layers (+50) can be a real pain to load in all at once. A general preference tick box would be good (eh, Newtek?!) :thumbsup:

zardoz
11-04-2008, 02:48 AM
of course in heavy objects we could split the layers into other objects, but then layers looses all its point, right?
so yep, I think that a preference tick box would be a good idea.