PDA

View Full Version : LScript for "insert edge loop" like Maya?

hurleyman
11-02-2008, 04:12 PM
I played with Maya PLE for a little while and hated it. It's so cumbersome, but it's got 2 or 3 tools that I think LW would really benefit from, like insert edge loop. I'm no coder, but it seems like this would be fairly easily done with LScript. Anybody point me to good LScript tutes or a site that might have something like this? Or maybe I'm just overlooking that very tool in LW (8.5)...

Thanks friends...

Dodgy
11-02-2008, 05:45 PM
There's quite a few tools like that in LW, one of its problems being there being too many tools doing similar things :)

You should be able to find something along the lines you want.

Look for Bandsaw, Bandsaw pro (an interactive bandsaw tool), Cut (and whole bunch of preset versions of this). If you're using the Studio modeler menu layout, they should be under Multiply>Subdivide.

Edge bevel can also be used in a similar fashion.

SplineGod
11-02-2008, 06:53 PM
Theres also the cut tool.

Nicolas Jordan
11-04-2008, 12:48 PM
There is also the newer Connect tool that I like very much for adding geometry including adding loops. The tools mentioned already may work better for some situations than Connect. Heres a link to a tutorial video ftp://ftp.newtek.com/products/LightWave/Trial/Videos/Connect.mov

DrRIEGER
11-13-2008, 01:20 AM
A TrueArt's plugin can do that : SwiftEdgeLoop
http://www.trueart.pl/?URIType=Directory&URI=Products/Plug-Ins/SwiftEdgeLoop

Matt
11-13-2008, 02:44 AM
Have to say, I LOVE the Connect tool in LightWave. It's so flexible, works in all modes (Point, Edge and Polygon) yet is easy to understand and control.

If only ALL the Modeler tools were this intelligent.

Dodgy
11-13-2008, 05:34 AM
I dunno, it could be better :) Allow me to interactively slide the cut from side to side, as well as have the options that Cut does (like keep quads in the corners, which is a boon for subpatch modelling).