PDA

View Full Version : is it just me, or does the forum search not work?

Snu
11-01-2008, 11:08 PM
sorry if this has already been posted but... well, i cant search for it...

i try using the search box, and it takes me to http://www.newtek.com/forums/search.php , which brings up an error "Connection closed by remote server".
or, at least it does that on opera, firefox just shows a blank window, and ie just says it cant display the webpage.

Dexter2999
11-02-2008, 12:59 AM
works fine here.

Matt
11-02-2008, 01:06 AM
I've had it screw up when entering in more than one keyword before, doesn't happen all the time though.

I'm using Firefox.

Snu
11-02-2008, 01:55 AM
ah, i hadnt thought of that, matt.
upon further experimentation, it seems to only do this with three or more words entered.

Martin Adams
11-02-2008, 03:40 PM
Try searching the keyword 'render' and I bet it breaks. So I think it is based on the keywords that you're using. Not the most reliable of search mechanisms I'm afraid.

If you want to try and use Google to do a search instead, try searching something like this:
"[search term] site:www.newtek.com" - where the "site:" will only show results from the NewTek site, including the forums.

hunter
11-03-2008, 01:14 PM
Try searching the keyword 'render' and I bet it breaks. So I think it is based on the keywords that you're using. Not the most reliable of search mechanisms I'm afraid.

If you want to try and use Google to do a search instead, try searching something like this:
"[search term] site:www.newtek.com" - where the "site:" will only show results from the NewTek site, including the forums.

great tip! Thanks. :thumbsup: