PDA

View Full Version : About 9.5 for mac ???

MJML
11-01-2008, 03:17 PM
Hi guys,i am wondering if it is the right place for the this post, but does everyone know when the 9.5 mac will be available? 2015/2020?

Phil
11-01-2008, 07:22 PM
When it's ready. If you have a LW 9 license, you can get your mitts on the current in-development form of UB LW (or indeed the legacy PowerPC variant) right now, courtesy of the OpenBeta project

Vong
11-01-2008, 07:22 PM
I have it on good authority that 9.5 will not be coming out for the Mac. Sorry. :thumbsdow

However, I understand that 9.5.1 is currently in the works! :thumbsup:

jasonwestmas
11-01-2008, 09:28 PM
9.5.1 will be available for Mac within 6 months or less. 2015 is totally out of the question.

MyersCreative
11-05-2008, 06:38 PM
I tried the UB but I could not get it to work on 10.5.5 Intel. The weight maps could not be adjusted. Funny enough my old version of Modo broke as well. Support said they won't support 10.5.5 until the official 9.5 is released. I gave up and have been working on my old G4. I'd be happy just to know that someone has it working with this setup and it's my issues of installing that are causing the problem or a more recent beta fixed it.

JeffrySG
11-05-2008, 07:22 PM
I tried the UB but I could not get it to work on 10.5.5 Intel. The weight maps could not be adjusted. Funny enough my old version of Modo broke as well. Support said they won't support 10.5.5 until the official 9.5 is released. I gave up and have been working on my old G4. I'd be happy just to know that someone has it working with this setup and it's my issues of installing that are causing the problem or a more recent beta fixed it.

The best thing is to let people know what issue you are having in the OpenBeta forum at the bottom of the page. They are still working really hard on all the 9.5.1 updates!

virtualcomposer
11-05-2008, 07:38 PM
The best thing is to let people know what issue you are having in the OpenBeta forum at the bottom of the page. They are still working really hard on all the 9.5.1 updates!

so hard we can't keep up. LOL!

Wopmay
11-05-2008, 09:19 PM
Try the Mac Open Beta. It rocks and the updates come out almost daily. A lot of stuff that was bogging down the UB version has been fixed. I haven't (knock wood) had a crash in weeks. Still a few rough edges but I have to admit, I am encouraged about the progress they're making and I have a sense the dev team is more responsive than in the past. Not that I'm going to stop complaining, of course. :-)