PDA

View Full Version : Lasso select not selecting/deselecting properly

biliousfrog
11-01-2008, 11:07 AM
I've noticed over the past couple of days that right-click, lasso select in modeler isn't working properly. It seems to have difficulty selecting certain polys in the standard wireframe view as if it is shaded, ie: it will miss them altogether.

...Whilst writing this, I discovered what it is:

I'm working with Sub-d's and lasso-selecting the sub-divided mesh. If I select round the unsub-divided mesh (eg. the 'cage') it selects the poly's.

I haven't noticed this before, is this a new thing with 9.5?...if so, it's rubbish!

Castius
11-01-2008, 11:18 AM
I don't see it, but thats just doing some simple test. Do you have images/video that show how you are lassoing?

biliousfrog
11-01-2008, 11:52 AM
I thought about it...maybe when I have a bit more time.

The simplest way to explain is to create a box, hit Tab and you'll get a sphere shape. In any viewport except the perspective view try to lasso the sub-d ball shape within the 'cage' boundary....it doesn't work here. I have to actually lasso around the unsubdivided cage.

I can select sub-d geometry with left-click though.

Castius
11-01-2008, 12:13 PM
I see it now. Looks like it's been like that a long time though. I'd Report a bug on it. It looks like phantom point are the only ones working in wireframe mode.