PDA

View Full Version : Help! Panic! fps bug!

jaxtone
11-01-2008, 03:35 AM
Help needed!

I never believed that I should post the same twice on an active forum like this! But since I cannot get out of this bug and time is running out I must ask again!

Why is my brandnew version of LW 9.5 rendering tga sequenses in 30 fps even if I have written 25 fps in the frame rate box in General Options in Layout?

I have double checked with clips rendered from my earlier versions of LW and there is no problem at all. I also invested in a clear and fresh version of After FX CS4 on an new Intel Quad machine with 8GB RAM with a Nvidia Geforce 9800 GT and a Windows Vista 64 bit OS!

But still LW render in 30 fps whatever frame rate I choose!

Is this a bug or what?

Dodgy
11-01-2008, 05:48 AM
These are still images? Still images don't have frame rates.... Not sure what you're saying here.

jaxtone
11-01-2008, 11:53 AM
Maybe I wasnīt clear enough when I asked my question!

I am not using stop motion tech while rendering my scene if you mean I have to stop my Lightwave between each rendered image and then start a new "image". I do not thinking of my animation sequense as still images. Just using the old TGA format since Lightwaves AVI format is lousy. And also because the .mov format isnīt functional with a Vista 64 bit OS.

I am talking off an animation that creates a sequense of images that are defined to create itīs total animated motion during 25 fps in a total of 200 frames. If you mean that it doesnīt matter wether I use 25 fps or 30 fps I would like you to take the discussion with the post production department afterwards. Please!

Maybe itīs ok to render with 39 frames per sec as well nowadays? :agree:

Just kidding! I solved the problem and of course it wasnīt Lightwaves fault at all... it was my stressed mind in combination with two new user interfaces from Adobe and Newtek that have a lot of new features. Seems like my limited schedule doesnīt allow me to get into the depth of any of them at this moment.

Thanks anyway!

Dodgy
11-01-2008, 05:52 PM
I still don't get it. 200 frames at 25 fps or 30 fps is still 200 frames. If it was 8 secs of animation at 25fps, then that gives 200 frames, but 240 frames at 30 fps (8 x 30 = 240). This means if you used 200 frames, it would play back faster at 30 fps than 25. If you animated at 30 fps for 8 secs, but realised it needed to be 25 fps, then changing the fps setting in the options panel would scale your keys to decrease the number of frames the animation takes place over.

Anyway I'm, glad you got it sorted.

Hopper
11-01-2008, 08:00 PM
I still don't get it. 200 frames at 25 fps or 30 fps is still 200 frames.
Maybe the post production dept is a whiny bunch and they are expecting only 200 frames. 240 frames might get them cranky. :)

CC Rider
11-03-2008, 08:36 AM
Help needed!

I never believed that I should post the same twice on an active forum like this! But since I cannot get out of this bug and time is running out I must ask again!

Why is my brandnew version of LW 9.5 rendering tga sequenses in 30 fps even if I have written 25 fps in the frame rate box in General Options in Layout?

I have double checked with clips rendered from my earlier versions of LW and there is no problem at all. I also invested in a clear and fresh version of After FX CS4 on an new Intel Quad machine with 8GB RAM with a Nvidia Geforce 9800 GT and a Windows Vista 64 bit OS!

But still LW render in 30 fps whatever frame rate I choose!

Is this a bug or what?

If you are compositing in After Effects, make sure you check the "interpret footage" dialog box. that's where you tell AE what you want the frame rate to be. It may be set to import sequences at 30Fps by default.

In After Effects, select the sequence, then select "interpret Footage" from the file menu.
You can select any frame rate you want from there.

:)

jaxtone
11-07-2008, 02:44 PM
If you are compositing in After Effects, make sure you check the "interpret footage" dialog box. that's where you tell AE what you want the frame rate to be. It may be set to import sequences at 30Fps by default.

In After Effects, select the sequence, then select "interpret Footage" from the file menu.
You can select any frame rate you want from there.

:)

Damn right! I just bought After FX CS4 and there were some settings that definitely had to be changed... sorry to bother you guys! Canīt promise that it wonīt happen again.

The post team hailing that there are to many frames already! But also ask if any one could tell them why different frame rates excists at all! Strange if no one cares about them... and still there are different settings!

J