PDA

View Full Version : vt 5.2b mouse focus issue

mattr
10-31-2008, 03:23 PM
so i finally made the plunge to the vt5 world a few weeks ago after doing a fresh install of windows.

now i have a weird problem with mouse focus. if another program (windows explorer, firefox, anything) takes the focus away from vt, there is about a 7 second delay between when i click back onto vt and when it actually responds. (i.e. if i'm doing something else and i click back to vt to change something real fast, i have to wait 7 sec. or so before it does something.)
once the focus is back to vt, everything is fine. also, video and audio continue without anomaly and i can control things with the RS-8 the entire time.

this is a potential for very bad things to happen during a live switch because we run our song lyrics on the VT machine (for keying purposes) so i've been VERY careful to pre-set as much as possible and I have scaled back some of the extras that I do.

has anyone seen or heard of this issue before? i have no idea where to start troubleshooting this.

relevant specs:
Nvidia Quattro NVS 440 (w/ most recent driver)
XP SP3 (hope this isn't the problem)
Gigabyte GA-9itdw
2 Xeon Nocona 2.8's
2 GB Registered Gigaram (i think?)

Thanks all,
Matt

davedude
01-09-2011, 04:06 PM
I have the same problem in 5.3 and opened up another thread about this.

Jim_C
01-09-2011, 04:19 PM
What kind of video card do you have Dave?

Jim_C
01-10-2011, 02:46 PM
Wondering if everyone with the delay issue is using an nvidia Quadro line of card?

davedude
01-11-2011, 11:29 PM
Wondering if everyone with the delay issue is using an nvidia Quadro line of card?

I actually had the delay using two different graphic cards. One was ATI and the other was a Nvidia. So it seems that the graphic card chipset is not the cause.

Jim_C
01-12-2011, 08:55 AM
ehhh... Worth a shot.

Quadros do (or at least did) give VTs a hard time. You can find quite a few posts from dealers and users warning against them. Haven't really seen any in a while but just threw it out there.