PDA

View Full Version : Normal Baker

dmoc
08-05-2003, 06:45 PM
Just upgraded to 7.5c and now I cannot seem to bake normals. I have tried with/ without points, poly's and volume selected but still get error: "Can't generate vmap!".

Oh hang on... just restarted modeller and now I can bake normals but I am still left with my original problem (the reason for upgrading) which is the normals are not unit normals and "Mormalise Map" doen't do anything. :confused:

PS: And what does the dot on the envelope mean? Sealed?

dmoc
08-08-2003, 03:47 AM
Is this the wrong place for support?

dmoc
09-23-2003, 10:33 AM
Hmmm, seems to take a long time to get an answer! And you want how much for lw8 upgrade? :rolleyes:

I have muddled through to bake normals on one layer. An object *seems* to need saving before the Normal Baker will work. But now I have another layer and LW is just point blank refusing to bake the normals. I have saved, reloaded, restarted, pleaded, begged and offered my dog for sacrifice but no luck. Newtek? Someone?

TyVole
09-23-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by dmoc
Hmmm, seems to take a long time to get an answer! And you want how much for lw8 upgrade?

$500

You should probably give Newtek a phone call and ask directly. I doubt very much if any of their support people look at these forums.