PDA

View Full Version : Option to maintain working with solid numbers while transforming objects/IK ..

SaturnX
10-30-2008, 02:04 PM
When working, whether it be translating an object on xyz, or rotating an object... it would be nice to have a choice between using solid numbers and fractional numbers.
Or to expand on that option, be able to work in stepped sets of numbers, alittle like snapping.

I often like to work with solid numbers while animating characters with IK etc..
I thought this might be a simple enough feature to implement.

wacom
10-30-2008, 05:01 PM
This might be nice sliders and inputs of any kind. Maybe hold ALT and get integers at 1/10th the value range, hold shift and get them at 1/1, hold alt and get them at 1/100th etc. etc.

That's one way- others have a pop up menu that if you right click or something on the entry you get to decide from a list of ratios in fractions or integers (if that makes sense) to work with.

These methods are nice for when you work with say, something that goes from 0 to 1 and something else that goes from 0-10^10000.

I think this is a great suggestion on your part that should be spread to the rest of the application.