PDA

View Full Version : What is APS.Level V-map in modeler?

johnliebler
10-30-2008, 01:30 PM
Hi, I was having some weird issues with smoothing in modeler between newly merged points, and in tracking it down, came across a vertex map called " APS.Level " which includes many of the points on my model. I didn't intentionally create it, so how did it get there? What is it? and most important, how do I make it go away?

Thanks for any help,
John

Jarno
10-30-2008, 11:38 PM
It's the vmap that APS creates in Layout to assign subdivision levels to each polygon.

---JvdL---

johnliebler
11-03-2008, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the info, Jarno. I'm still not sure how an APS map got onto some of the points on my model, but I found a plug-in on this page :

http://www.neko.ne.jp/~asagi/P2P/Plugins/index.html

that cleared it out. Is there a way to do that natively in LW ?

Jarno
11-03-2008, 09:35 PM
Maybe you saved the object from Layout (possibly after changing some surface settings).

As that APS map is created dynamically as needed, it is safe to delete. I'm not familiar with the Modeler tools to know if there is one to delete or clear a vmap.

---JvdL---

jeric_synergy
03-02-2009, 01:35 PM
One thing that makes this confusing is, on MY machine, "APS.level" ONLY shows up in ONE list, the SELECT BY VERTEX MAP list.

So, it's in only one place, along w/a couple other mystery maps. It's NOT in the Vertex Map Window, for instance.