PDA

View Full Version : Looking For The Modeler Who created the New Female Icon

Savnac
10-30-2008, 09:37 AM
Yes-

To whom this may concern, I am looking for the modeler who created the female On the Newtek site page She has brown eyes, long brown hair and I think with glasses. She is also on the video page showing William Vaughan and Chuck's tips on modeling.

My goal is to one day model cartoon female like this, not her but things kinda like her.

Here is the website so you guys can see what I am talking about so this note make sense, [http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.strongmocha.com/images/NewTek/CChic_Tshirt01_g_small.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.strongmocha.com/2008/01/22/newtek-released-more-then-16-hours-of-free-lightwave-training/&h=314&w=300&sz=48&hl=en&start=77&um=1&usg=__dy1uHMQzzuiTaL6YCczmr8NdlqQ=&tbnid=tpkugZpvaq1p2M:&tbnh=117&tbnw=112&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcreating%2Btexture%2Bmaps%2Bin%2BLigh twave%26start%3D72%26ndsp%3D18%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den% 26client%3Dsafari%26rls%3Den-us%26sa%3DN]

Do any of you know whom he or she is that created her or any threads that were made while she was modeled at the time of her creation?

Thanks in advance.

Savnac:help::lwicon::help:

Sarford
10-30-2008, 09:52 AM
Isn't that one of Werner's? I believe he left for XSI.

Savnac
10-30-2008, 09:56 AM
Sarford-

So do you know of any early threads regarding how she was made?

Do you know the member - BEEVee?

Thanks,

Savnac:confused:

Matt
10-30-2008, 10:42 AM
Isn't that one of Werner's? I believe he left for XSI.

Oops! ;)

akademus
10-30-2008, 10:49 AM
BeeVee

http://www.newtek.com/forums/member.php?u=499

Savnac
10-30-2008, 10:53 AM
Akademus-

Thanks, I emailed him and waiting on a response. Hey do you guys remember this model, see I am new here and I am sure she was modeled years ago, but are there past threads that you guys can lead me too?

Thanks,

Savnac:lwicon:

Savnac
10-30-2008, 10:55 AM
Also what did he name her?

Savnac
10-30-2008, 10:59 AM
This is her- please review the attachment

http://www.newtek.com/forums/images/attach/png.gif

akademus
10-30-2008, 11:01 AM
I'm not sure how he named her, but I know that model was included as a sample scene/model in Lightwave 9. If you have all discs that came with LW9, there were two content discs and she is suppose to be there.

Savnac
10-30-2008, 11:12 AM
Akademus-

Are you saying that she's on the Content & 3d Party DVD. That is my second disc.

So if this is so where in lightwave can I get too her?

Thanks,

Savnac
10-30-2008, 11:39 AM
I am looking everywhere and can not find it.

I only have two disc that came with the purchase of LW. On is the Program CD and the other is the Content & 3D Party DVD.

I am confused

virtualcomposer
10-30-2008, 12:40 PM
I think she's married so don't get to excited. LOL

akademus
10-30-2008, 12:45 PM
haha

I believe the scene was in Lighting folder. I no longer use it, but there should be pdf with credits, so you can look there.

Hope this helps

Sarford
10-30-2008, 12:47 PM
Like I said, its one of Werner's.

Here (http://Werner.cgsociety.org/gallery/383134/) is the model in his galery

And here (http://www.newtek.com/forums/member.php?u=658) is his profile on the board. He hasn't been here for a couple of months.

I've never seen a WIP thread for this model, and looking at the refinement of his work, I doubt there is one.

tonybliss
10-30-2008, 12:49 PM
its in the lw 8 contents .. i doubt its in the 9

biliousfrog
10-30-2008, 12:57 PM
Here's another model by him...essentially the same female model he always uses but in sci-fi garb: http://www.3dtotal.com//ffa/meshes_v2/human_chara/werner01/model_main.htm

Savnac
10-30-2008, 01:05 PM
Sarford-

Thanks you so Werner do not have a gallery on her alone huh.

CGSwami-

Is there someway I can get that from one of you guys, I mean is there a gallery on her alone.

On the site that Sarford sent me too there's not a lot on her at all. I have seen her in different poses and some of them are so small it's hard to see what is there.

Thanks,

akademus
10-30-2008, 01:11 PM
its in the lw 8 contents .. i doubt its in the 9

hmmm... I must have mixed it... nevermind. I remember it being somewhere in contents.

Savnac
10-30-2008, 01:18 PM
BiliousFrogs-

Thanks, hey do you know where I can find his gallery of her in all the black like on the earlier post. I also gave a link too that site that I found her on from the start.

I think she look better with the black hair.

Thanks,

Chris S. (Fez)
10-30-2008, 01:19 PM
This thread is somehow hilarious. Anyone read that Ray Bradbury story where the sea monster falls in love with the Fog Horn?

Savnac
10-30-2008, 01:32 PM
Chris-

Come on man I am just a fan of his work is all. I am new to LightWave and his work is inspirational, that's it. He was able to model a mesh into cartoon imagery.

That alone is really cool so please man do not start a nasty rumor like that, I am only a fan of his work.

Thanks to all of you that lead me to the creator. I hope to someday present my own things, as of now I am very brand new to this world of modeling.

Thanks,

Savnac:lwicon::D:lwicon:

JeffrySG
10-30-2008, 01:38 PM
This thread is somehow hilarious. Anyone read that Ray Bradbury story where the sea monster falls in love with the Fog Horn?

:agree:
No offense meant. Just kind of funny if you look at it in a certain way.

I hope you are able to find the model. Also keep in mind that there are tons of tutorials out there to help you learn organic modeling and human form modeling.

virtualcomposer
10-30-2008, 01:52 PM
Thanks to all of you that lead me to the creator. I hope to someday present my own things, as of now I am very brand new to this world of modeling.

Thanks,

Just to warn you that it's addictive. It started out as a fascination with special effects and I would and still do, look at all the behind the scenes in movies. It's just so fascinating how they can take something from nothing create all this stuff around the actors that isn't really there and then my brain kicked in and said, "you know what, I want some real challenges and make the same stuff the pros do". Well, I'm a pro at certain things as for animation but only certain things. I've been animating and learning for about 5 years now and I love it more now then I did then. It's also fun to look back at things you've made even a year ago and see how much better you've gotten. It's a sense of accomplishment for me. Animation is an awesome tool and you can do so much with it. If I could do it all over again, I would have create an animation asking my wife to marry me in 3D!! Of course, logically, she enjoyed the real beach scene much better. LOL Ahh, the difference between men and women. :)

Mrjack
10-30-2008, 02:33 PM
Ooooops werner is an XSI user now
u can find the model of this talented artiste in the content of lightwave 8

Chris S. (Fez)
10-30-2008, 02:38 PM
Just funnin'. No harm meant. Beware. This board is full of ball busters:D.

Your posts were so earnest and so persistent they struck me as almost stalkeresque. You trying to track down the perfect mesh reminded me of Richard Dryfuss in "American Graffiti" desperately/obsessively searching for the "woman in the white car"...:thumbsup:

Chris-

Come on man I am just a fan of his work is all. I am new to LightWave and his work is inspirational, that's it. He was able to model a mesh into cartoon imagery.

That alone is really cool so please man do not start a nasty rumor like that, I am only a fan of his work.

Thanks,

Hopper
10-30-2008, 02:42 PM
I loaded almost every Object in my LW 8 contents and didn't find her. I thought it was titled lwgirl.lwo

archijam
10-30-2008, 02:49 PM
I believe he still uses modeler for some things, but surfaces and renders in XSI.

Plus a few people on the boards here gave him a pretty hard time IMO. Ball busters I believe they are referred as? ;)

There is an interesting thread where he was researching nodal skins. Talented and generous guy.

Savnac
10-30-2008, 03:05 PM
So is it or is it not in the content folder:stumped:. I checked mine and I do not see any file with that name.

I have LW 9, so my question now will be, is it possible fro someone to post the file or OBJ to me if this is possible.

Chris, man like I said I am new to LW and I am just a fan of good art, do not knock me for that:dance:.

So did anyone find that file in any of the content folder, maybe it's not there at all.

Thanks in advance,

Savnac
10-30-2008, 03:08 PM
Archijamz-

Is that thread on here , "Newtek" forum or is it elsewhere:question:?

Thanks,

Savnac

archijam
10-30-2008, 03:19 PM
This was the one:

http://newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51964

Enjoy ;)

PS This is a little old, but interesting nonetheless .. take a look at more recent threads and william's vids for the best LW skin currently available.

PPS .. at post 9 the ball busting starts .. from the master of the art .. oddity. :)

Savnac
10-30-2008, 03:43 PM
Archijamz-

Did he post his progress when he started with the other parts of the body or was it just for the head only with LW.

The guy is really good, that thread went on and on, wow.