PDA

View Full Version : Make it stop!

Jockomo
10-29-2008, 10:37 PM
I think hitting the control button to stop a dynamics sim is really just a suggestion. Sometimes when I hit it, the sim stops. But sometime it just looks at me and says, "no way dude, I'm having so much fun crunching these numbers I don't care what you want". Go have more coffee.

Sometimes I resort to trying different key combinations to make it stop. Especially since it doesn't seem to object anymore by telling me that I've crashed LW. I used to think LW really did crash and would restart lightwave. But it was a joke! LW hadn't really crashed, it was just playing a joke to see if I would reboot. What a fool I was, fooled by that practical joker LW. Now I think it actually crashes, but makes it look like it's still working. It's taunting me, "ctrl+alt+delete! go ahead do it!" Crazy lightwave always joking around.

robk
10-29-2008, 11:37 PM
It seems you have to have the dynamics requestor highlighted before it will work.

IMI
10-30-2008, 12:24 AM
It seems you have to have the dynamics requestor highlighted before it will work.

Yeah, I think so too. It always works for me at least.

Surrealist.
10-30-2008, 12:41 AM
That is an interesting tip. Thanks. I'll have to pay attention to that. It has seemed to me though that the thing that is happening is that you just have to sit there and ride the button. Just keep tapping it - lightly now don't break the keyboard - and then you can get a word in edgewise between calculations. The heavier the calculation it seems the longer you have to keep hitting the key to find that random point when it will accept the command. For very light calculations it seems to work instantly. So now I am going to pay attention to the status of the requester too.