PDA

View Full Version : Your Beautiful Eyes

aaronv2
08-05-2003, 03:25 PM
Hi I was just looking at some of the heads people were making in the galleries and im starting to model one too ill keep you informed on how that is going... :)

But the real question I have is how do you get the eyes to look so good? I realise I will have to paint my own characters eye mapps and etc but im brand new to head modeling what are some tipe you guys have? is it better to model first and uv map the whole head as one map or how do i uv map the head and should i make morph maps or use something else etc... just some tips from you guys and maybe a link or two or eplanation on the whole eye thing... thanks

richpr
08-05-2003, 03:40 PM
I am using the Inside Lightwave 7 book to do the head (well my head ;))..

It uses a modified ball with a part extruding for the cornea... And a second ball around it... It looks great even without texturing, although it uses maps at the end...

I need to do more tweaking in the eyelids etc. however making the eyeballs wasn't the most difficult part... The most difficult part is where I am now... the ears ;)

aaronv2
08-05-2003, 03:53 PM
i can imagine how hard the ears are going to be... i am modeling from a drawing i have done... i have a strange style when it comes to drawing heads and etc the people end up looking distorted and weird... so im taking a simular idea for my modeling because it seems to be the style im most happy with...

The way i model is strange i guess aswell i start at the eyeball and model around that sphere and work my way out... anyone else do it this way?

Also can anyone explain the eyeball idea more complexly so i can understand it?

And you get to see my first WIP image i put it under "3d Geezer"

richpr
08-05-2003, 04:41 PM
That is exactly how the book teaches it...

Eyeballs, eye, mouth, nose, ears...