PDA

View Full Version : Fonts

robk
10-28-2008, 03:29 PM
Why is there no add true type fonts in the manage fonts requestor anymore in 9.31.
Where did that go?

robk
10-28-2008, 03:35 PM
I checked in 9.2 and there is a add system font in the requester.
in 9.31 and up that option seem to have dissapeared. What gives?

robk
10-28-2008, 04:20 PM
Looks like all the fonts 9.31 wasn't picking up were OTF fonts (Adobe Photoshop) versus TTF fonts. It's funny Modo picked up all the fonts. Maybe OTF fonts should be added to Lightwave. They must be a variation of TTF fonts.

flathd
01-26-2009, 09:50 PM
I had the same issue of the Manage Fonts options being limited to just adding PostScript fonts in LW8 and now LW9. I remember that I had to change something in order to get the Font options to give me "Add True Type" and "Type 1" fonts, but I can't recall what it is that I needed to do...

The Help documentation for 9 shows the Manage Fonts menu box with those options, but it's not the menu I get...if I can dig up the answer I'll post it, but for the moment I'm at a loss.

BeeVee
01-27-2009, 01:51 AM
OTF or OpenType fonts are an evolution of TrueType, but not exactly compatible.

B

lhotch
10-14-2009, 08:27 PM
I had the same issue of the Manage Fonts options being limited to just adding PostScript fonts in LW8 and now LW9. I remember that I had to change something in order to get the Font options to give me "Add True Type" and "Type 1" fonts, but I can't recall what it is that I needed to do...

The Help documentation for 9 shows the Manage Fonts menu box with those options, but it's not the menu I get...if I can dig up the answer I'll post it, but for the moment I'm at a loss.

Anyone find an answer to this? Ive been away from LW since V5 and now back with V9.6 and when I use F10 to manage fonts I only have buttons to add post script type 1. Docs shows buttons to add PS-1 and TTF but thats not what my manage font window looks like.

Disregard. I had to load tt fonts via windows and restart modeler.

BeeVee
10-15-2009, 02:16 PM
The picture for the Fonts Requester was one from LightWave [8], the change came in LightWave v9.0.

B