PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know how to do this???

virtualcomposer
10-27-2008, 12:40 AM
Does anyone know how to keep the "background" picture from locking to the camera? I have a QT animation that I'm using as my backdrop and a space ship that will be flying in it. The only thing that I have is the spaceship object. The rest is the QT background. I'm going to "handcam" it with a noise channel but the problem is the picture stays the same so the only thing that would look handcam is the ship. I can always crop the whole thing in Final Cut but it's kind of a pain to do if I can't do it in LW. Let me know if you have any ideas or if there is a button to disconnect the picture from parenting with the camera.

Stunt Pixels
10-27-2008, 12:43 AM
Can you just map the texture to a plane behind the ship?

JeffrySG
10-27-2008, 12:52 AM
That's what I was going to suggest as well. Just make sure the plane is the same proportions as your footage and make sure none of the lights are effecting it. Things like spec and gloss should go to zero.

virtualcomposer
10-27-2008, 02:05 AM
WOW, so simple and yet never crossed my mind. Guess I should start going to two coffee pots a day now. Yes, a texture map would work perfectly for this and I wouldn't have to crop it in FCP. Thanks for the help. :):):bowdown:

prometheus
10-27-2008, 05:49 AM
I suppose you could use the textured environment also..
firs load your mov.clip into the image editor, then go to windows/backdrop options and add a textured environment, from there you can click the texture button and add an image layer and select mov as your texture..
use viper so you can tweak scale and settings.

Michael