PDA

View Full Version : Camera Baker Problem

Eric Pratt
10-26-2008, 10:44 PM
I've been getting these strange anomalies out of the camera baker and can't pin it down. The Baker outputs an image where some of the polygons have strange nurb like shapes representing the material on the other side of the object.
Picture if you will, a box that is red on the side facing you and green on the side facing away. Camera baker should output the polygon facing you as a red square, but in the problem involved the red square has a green roundy/pointy thing in the middle.
The attached image is a chair which is orange, the far side is white, the white shapes bear no relationship to the geometry in except that they are bound each by a polygon. No polygons are double sided, all geometry is closed. Problem does not seem to follow any consistent set of geometry, texture, or lighting. Surface Baker does not output the image with this problem (of course I have other problems with surface baker now)
My fix so far has been to take the outputted image into photoshop and clean up the errors which sometimes is easy and sometimes has less than perfect results.
I'm posting because I just got a map which has a large number of anomolies that I can't solve simply by using the clone stamp.

MooseDog
10-27-2008, 07:01 AM
...Camera baker should output the polygon facing you...

the surface baking camera will only output what is within a uv-map. assuming your uv-map is clean and well-ordered, check into how clean your chair geometry is. i believe this camera can be touchy with non-planar and n-gon polygons. vital tool, hope you get it sussed:thumbsup:

Eric Pratt
10-27-2008, 09:23 AM
The above example is made up of planar 4 sided polygons which are within the UV map (or it wouldn't have been rendered).

Paul Brunson
10-27-2008, 10:27 PM
Can you provide a screenshot of the model? might help people get a clearer idea of whats going on. Or even a link to the model, so others could give it a shot. Much easier to trouble shoot that way.

curious
12-17-2008, 09:09 PM
looks like a wrong set render distance to me oO

just mess a little with the "offset from surface" valure
in the surface baking camera properties
(keep an eye on your object size while doing this)
just try to set it from 1um to 100mm and take a look if theres
any diference

if this don't solve it:
sometimes i get this error when my object itself is too small alsow
should be at leat 1m if its smaller just size it up in modeler
and shrink it back down to your preferred size after bakeing
(will mess up your "distance to *"-gradient surfaces though)

i face a different problem with this camera right now -
i get weird artefacts in my radiosity shadeing while rendering
looks like the radiosity pass infos wound get read out properly
i only get this at one out of 6 objects so its not a constant error
i do use the same technuiq every time tho -so shouldnt be a mistake during modeling
i also messed around alot with the values already
-changed evaluation rays
-angular tolerance
-object subdivision
-used cage radiosety
-ect

the weird thing is that every f9 looks a little diferent even if i dont change
anything to the scene
the three sample images are 3 f9s in a row without any changes on the scene
or the objects/surfaces

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/441/tiltbakegl0.th.jpg (http://img247.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tiltbakegl0.jpg)

as you can see every rendering looks a little diferent -but all r damaged

anyone had this already? -i really could use some help with this
im confused about this one

i thank you guys a lot in advance