PDA

View Full Version : leaf textures not rendering

Philbert
10-26-2008, 01:49 PM
This is probably something stupid but I need an answer quick so I thought I'd ask here. I made some vines with FiberFX but the leaf texture transparency and bump don't seem to be rendering. Everything seems fine from what I can tell, you can see the color texture options here. The other two are the same with just a different image chosen for each.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s136/willohmsford/vine_texture_prob.jpg

3DGFXStudios
10-26-2008, 01:52 PM
are you sure your uv-map matches to you geometry. You should see it in opengl....

Philbert
10-26-2008, 01:57 PM
Damn you're right. FiberFX made a UV for the leaves, then I used it again to make the christmas lights, so it must've overwritten the UV map. But this is strange. In modeler it only shows the UV map for the lights, but in Layout it lists a bunch of UV maps, including lights, leaves, and some that aren't even on that object. In fact every object in the scene shows the same list of like 5 UV maps.

Philbert
10-26-2008, 02:24 PM
OK whatever the problem was, it's solved now. The two maps in question had been mashed together, so I just selected the leaves and copied their map to a new one. Thanks! :)