PDA

View Full Version : Muscle Flexing and Joint Compensation on the newest "Joint Bones" type

SandroBenigno
10-25-2008, 12:07 PM
Has somebody noted that the newest "joint bones" didn't work correctly with these settings?

If I use Z-bones, they rotate and deform itself (making muscle flexing and joint compensation on itself and/or its parent). The joint type rotate the next bone missing self deformations (muscle flexing and/or joint compensation things)... They don't paste it foward and on the other hand jump it parent to their grandfather. :D Somebody heeeeeeelp meeee!!! :help:

Is a good thing to combine two types? Are the best choice to use only one type of bones? The Z-bones will be left in the future? I'm not sure about that...

Dirk
10-26-2008, 10:40 AM
I think William mentioned in one of his videos that You can mix both types.

And I'm pretty sure Z-Bones are here to stay, because of backwards compatibility and because they are used for realtime game characters.

SandroBenigno
10-27-2008, 10:09 AM
I think William mentioned in one of his videos that You can mix both types.

And I'm pretty sure Z-Bones are here to stay, because of backwards compatibility and because they are used for realtime game characters.

Cool, Dirk. If the answer is mix both... so I think to have found a good solution to mix them. On the screenshot, I used JB to enumerate the Joints and ZB for Z-bones. I think it works fine. It does the joint-compensation for elbows, muscle-flex for arms and twists for forearms. Seems to be OK... You agree?

Dirk
10-27-2008, 03:22 PM
Wow ... nice.

The twist seems to work really beautiful.