PDA

View Full Version : Fast way to switch among "Auto Fade" options on the SpeedEDIT Interface please?

Quiet1onTheSet
10-25-2008, 10:55 AM
Quick!

What's the fastest way to turn Auto Fade On for Video clips? For Audio clips? For Audio/Video Clips?

Now, What's the fastest way to turn each of these off?

Somehow, it seems this particular function might be best served up in the form of check-box options in the Trim Bay. What do you folks think?

Adam_LightPlay
10-25-2008, 10:56 PM
Auto Fade refers to cross fading the audio along with a video transition. It IS ON by default.
There are check boxes under Audio Control Tree (Advanced) settings. Then you can save the properties to a "User Splines" macro in the Tool Shed.
Then uncheck all the checkboxes for that tool except the "Auto fade in" and "Auto Fade Out" Now when you run that Tool, (Macro) it will only change the settings that are still checked.
If you are asking how to Auto Cross fade video on a bunch of clips... Select the range and hit Alt-f.

Quiet1onTheSet
10-26-2008, 09:37 AM
If you are asking how to Auto Cross fade video on a bunch of clips... Select the range and hit Alt-f.

Oh, Wait! -- you've nailed what I meant, in your use of that term, "Auto Crossfade", only I should've been more clear about just what I'm trying to find out:

How does one cause video, audio, and audio/video clips to AUTO-CROSSFADE when their boundaries are overlapped, when positioning them in the timeline?

Then, how does one disable this function?

While it's clear to me now, that I was unclear in the way I posted the issue to this thread, your insights on the other "fade" approaches are appreciated greatly, Adam.

It seems I can't get my brain around an easy way to go back and forth between the two. Currently, our SpeedEDIT Standalone here, is defaulted it seems -- to an inability to Auto Crossfade when we merge two clips' boundaries together.

Adam_LightPlay
10-26-2008, 03:15 PM
It doesn't work with Audio Only clips, but like you said, overlap the ends of two video or A/V clips on the same track in the timeline, and you should automagically get a cross fade. The only time it doesn't, is if one of the video clips is set to be an Overlay.

Quiet1onTheSet
10-27-2008, 04:28 PM
It doesn't work with Audio Only clips, but like you said, overlap the ends of two video or A/V clips on the same track in the timeline, and you should automagically get a cross fade. The only time it doesn't, is if one of the video clips is set to be an Overlay.Hmmm.You really mean two overlapping audio clips won't "cross-fade" automagically? That's news to me (I've got to admit, that this alleged lack of an "auto cross-fade" behavior in the context of overlapping two clips' boundaries seems uniquely wierd, if not an archaic restriction.

There are times I can't even get two video or A/V clips to crossfade, even when no Overlay is enabled! Here's hoping you've missed something (as I *know* that I certainly am) Adam!

I'm going to be studying more closely, the subject of cross-fade options within these cool products (SpeedEDIT/SpeedEDIT-VT/TriCaster EDIT Media).

Thanks a bunch for your replies, BTW.

Adam_LightPlay
10-27-2008, 05:09 PM
Maybe that's 'cause lots of times we overlap audio, music, sound FX, and we want them to all be playing, not crossfading. (Granted I don't usually overlap them on the same layer, but sometimes they get moved, if I move a whole section of the project up or down)

BTW, do you know about the handy "Fd" slider? Click on the little triangle on lowest corner of an audio or video clip You'll see the word "Fd". Then drag that into the clip to make a fade of the video or audio. Not quite Automagic but certainly speedy for what you describe needing to do to the audio clips. It also gives you more control over exactly how much and when the clip starts ramping up or down.

Quiet1onTheSet
11-03-2008, 09:26 PM
BTW, do you know about the handy "Fd" slider? Click on the little triangle on lowest corner of an audio or video clip You'll see the word "Fd". Then drag that into the clip to make a fade of the video or audio. Not quite Automagic but certainly speedy for what you describe needing to do to the audio clips. It also gives you more control over exactly how much and when the clip starts ramping up or down. Yes sir. Was trying to avoid having to grab those handles, hence the request for audio auto cross-fade help. Again, thanks for your interaction here, Adam.