PDA

View Full Version : Bad Texture or UV seams

kbrilliant
10-24-2008, 04:38 PM
Greetings,

I'm working in LW v9.3.1 and have been having some issues with what appears to be texture seams. This has happened on numerous models across different computers. It "comes and goes" and can't be easily replicated. Occasionally, I think I've licked it, but it reappears later, sometimes in another area of the model.

these models use multiple UV maps and materials.

Attached is an example image--note the white boxes running along the tentacles.

Any insight to this issue is greatly appreciated even if it's a known bug.

Thank you in advance!

Ken
http://www.newtek.com/forums/images/attach/jpg.gif

kbrilliant
10-24-2008, 04:51 PM
LW v9.3.1

I'm not using 9.5 currently, but I'm almost positive I've seen it there as well on other models.

Surrealist.
10-25-2008, 12:40 AM
One thing to check for sure is for example if you have UV maps on adjacent surfaces, make sure each map contains all of the geometry surrounding it even if it is not in the map area you want to color. If the geometry on the seam is from a different surface it won't get color from that map if it is in the map. But it will eliminate any artifacts on the seems between UV/Surfaces.

So if you already have the maps made, just go in and add the surrounding polys to the map. I think anyplace is OK. Just get it in there as a part of that map.

If that does not fix it then it may be something else. Hope this helps. :)

kbrilliant
10-27-2008, 12:42 PM
Thank you for the replies and suggestions.

I seem to have momentarily fixed this issue by creating a junk UV map so that it appears at the end of the UV list by calling it "zzjunk". Perhaps this forces or chases the errors onto that dummy UV. Surrealist, I recall trying what you mentioned to no avail.

So, if the issue reappears I'll reappear here with an update.

kbrilliant
10-28-2008, 11:03 AM
Sorry to report that those texture errors mysteriously came back. Yesterday it was fine--