PDA

View Full Version : Which software would they use? Obama, McCain, Palin, Biden...



Nangleator
10-24-2008, 08:48 AM
McCain has that wealthy wife, so he'd go for Maya with every bell and whistle available.

Obama presents himself so well and prepares so well, so I see him as a Z-brush sculpter. Then again, he might be smart enough to use Houdini and hack his own plugins.

Palin probably uses Poser and bankrupts Wasila buying datasets and stock images.

I see Biden as the bare bones, get it done kind of guy. LW for him.

IMI
10-24-2008, 08:57 AM
McCain isn't going to use any of them, since he can't type and doesn't know how to use a computer. He'd probably just hire some maya guy to do it for him.

Obama will go for Carrarra. He doesn't have time for ZBrush, plus Carrarra is probably what Joe The Plumber would like.

Palin's not gonna use Poser. It revolves almost entirely around its ability to mass produce softcore pr0n. I wouldn't put it past her though to buy it from Smith Micro just to take it off the market.

Biden, yeah, probably LightWave. I suspect he'd be especially attracted to the new hair growing tools. :D

hrgiger
10-24-2008, 09:08 AM
Well since Palin and McCain are only interested in a small percentage of us, I would guess they're mac users.

IMI
10-24-2008, 09:10 AM
Well since Palin and McCain are only interested in a small percentage of us, I would guess they're mac users.

:lol: :thumbsup:

hrgiger
10-24-2008, 09:15 AM
And of course by using Macs, they can maintain their 'maverick' image.

Nangleator
10-24-2008, 09:20 AM
I see McCain using one of these (http://codigopgt.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/eniac-2.jpg). And Palin trying this (http://hackedgadgets.com/wp-content/computer_mouse_using_a_real_dead_mouse_4.jpg).

:D

GregMalick
10-24-2008, 09:24 AM
Nah,

McCain is still using a Commodore 64.
Obama is running a mac that will dual boot to Windows.
Biden has an old PC which uses IBM's OS2 (anybody remember that).
And Palin has a Blue-Ray VCR which she thinks is a computer.

CMT
10-24-2008, 09:49 AM
Obama uses the latest and greatest version of Maya with a render farm of 1000 PCs all paid for by the rich.

Biden WAS using an average Windows Vista PC running Truespace until Obama took it from him because he was making pictures of dictators testing Obama and spreading them around to their supporters.

McCain uses an abacus (mainly for balancing the budget), so software doesn't apply. Palin is trying to teach him to use Calculator on her own laptop.

Palin uses a MacPro laptop with webcam software built in which she uses to check her make up on the go.

Nangleator
10-24-2008, 09:59 AM
The Republican party gave McCain and Palin a render farm, but they just buried the computers in a field and irrigated it.

Obama has to distance himself from using computers because a terrorist once used a computer and that link is just too "coincidental" to some people.

hrgiger
10-24-2008, 10:05 AM
I was just about to make a joke about Obama having ties to Autodesk but you got that one....

Stooch
10-24-2008, 08:23 PM
I think mccain would use LW because it suits his ancient age and work methodology.

Titus
10-24-2008, 11:02 PM
Actually LW , Blender, animator and TrueSpace are used by any of the rest of the third party candidates. How many articles do you read about these candidates? they don't collect enough money for advertising.

Liber777
10-25-2008, 03:17 AM
Nah,

McCain is still using a Commodore 64.
Obama is running a mac that will dual boot to Windows.
Biden has an old PC which uses IBM's OS2 (anybody remember that).
And Palin has a Blue-Ray VCR which she thinks is a computer.

And Al Gore invented the Amiga.

DiedonD
10-25-2008, 07:13 AM
I think Republicans tend to be more Power Hungry! Thus Autodesk with its Power Hungry policies wouldve matched quite right if youd ask me.

And... any other app... would be then that of the... Democrats... including LW, :confused: but that is derrived to be so by that above logic!.

So sorry LWaver Reps, but you dont belong here :D

*Pete*
10-25-2008, 09:04 AM
McCain is a LW user, old and experienced, jack of all trades and master of none, bad character animation (McCain cant lift his hands high..), LW just as McCain has a fanatical usergroup who basically ignores that the times are changing around them and keeps dreaming of a big comeback.
he is using windows 95 for it...

Obama, he is surely using 3DsMax, its the kids tool (games) and spread in unorthodox ways (piracy) and nobody really knows how many users (voters) 3DsMax has..
being an elitist, he is using a mac for his 3D, with dualboot...

Biden, Blender..man of the people, simple and complicated the same time, with many bugs that doesnt bother so much when you consider that the whole man and application is a product of the people and not of the wealthy and privilegied ones.
Biden is using Linux.

Palin, Photoshop..she never really understod what 3D is about and is using stock images for her collages, taking credit for everything, including the creation of the program itself..she was against 3D before she was for it, but even then she made the mistake of picking a non 3D program.
nobody really knows what she is using for her computing, since she either refuses to answer on the questions, or answers in a utterly confusing way....

Nangleator
10-25-2008, 09:14 AM
Masterful!

Cohen
10-25-2008, 01:26 PM
Firstly, McCain is a survivor of skin cancer. The odds are good that he surpasses it. He has an 86% chance of succeeding his melonoma, as there exists a recorded 14% death rating after 5 years from having survived this type of cancer. (Alter Jonathan, Newsweek)

Secondly, everyone here has Obama mixed up. Obama supports free universal health care, whether good or bad, that is totally powered by free, redistributable energy alternatives. Lets see, that would make him free blender for everyone, whether good or bad, that is freely powered by the redistributable linux operating system.

*Pete*
10-25-2008, 01:27 PM
the constant talk about the end of McCain is similiar to the talk about the end of LW...further proves my point :D

Hopper
10-25-2008, 01:35 PM
I was just about to make a joke about Obama having ties to Autodesk but you got that one....
:lol:

mattclary
10-27-2008, 12:35 PM
Macs are synonymous with elitism and liberals. Show me a Volvo station wagon, and I will show you an Apple logo next to an Obama sticker.

Sande
10-27-2008, 12:55 PM
Macs are synonymous with elitism and liberals. Show me a Volvo station wagon, and I will show you an Apple logo next to an Obama sticker.

"Steve Jobs speculates that “maybe a little less” than half of Apple’s customers are Republicans, “maybe more Dell than ours.”[77] This perception may or may not be accurate—several prominent conservatives, including Rush Limbaugh, are Mac users[78]—but it can only be reinforced by the company's pattern of political donations,[79] by Al Gore’s membership on its board,[80] and surely not least by Jobs’ own personal history."
-wikipedia

mattclary
10-27-2008, 01:14 PM
"Steve Jobs speculates that “maybe a little less” than half of Apple’s customers are Republicans, “maybe more Dell than ours.”[77] This perception may or may not be accurate—several prominent conservatives, including Rush Limbaugh, are Mac users[78]—but it can only be reinforced by the company's pattern of political donations,[79] by Al Gore’s membership on its board,[80] and surely not least by Jobs’ own personal history."
-wikipedia'

Quote wiki all you want, but in my experience, most Apple users are liberal.

And they know who their customers are:

http://arstechnica.com/journals/apple.ars/2008/10/24/friday-afternoon-apple-links-apple-on-gay-marriage-edition

Sande
10-27-2008, 01:56 PM
Quote wiki all you want, but in my experience, most Apple users are liberal.[/url]
WHAT?! Really? For heavens sake - now I have to sell these tools of satan and buy myself a PC - how else am I going to be taken seriously when protesting against gay marriages, abortions and reason with my fellow conservatives! :D

TheDynamo
10-27-2008, 02:19 PM
I had to turn on the cynical side of me to do this so apologies in advance. I also expanded the scope of software to better describe folks. :)

Obama: Would be a Lightwave user. My reasoning would be that he would "Hope" for "Change" in a positive manner. Incidentally, he's been a happy camper since LW version 9 ;)

Biden: Cinema 4D without a doubt, anyone with that much foreign policy experience would understand that application in a heartbeat.

McCain: Probably would be a Carrera user, lots of updates but no real change to what actually comes out of the package.

Palin: Powerpoint, great for presentations to conservatives but full of canned responses to creative ideas.

-Rob

mattclary
10-27-2008, 07:00 PM
WHAT?! Really? For heavens sake - now I have to sell these tools of satan and buy myself a PC - how else am I going to be taken seriously when protesting against gay marriages, abortions and reason with my fellow conservatives! :D

No, i didn't say PC use = conservatism. HRGiger is a good example of that. ;)

And I'm not saying no Mac users are conservative, but proportionally, where PC users are probably 50/50 conservative/liberal, I would put money on the split for Macs being 25/75 con/lib, if not higher... ummm... "conservatively" speaking. I really would not be shocked if it wasn't more like 5/95.