PDA

View Full Version : Remember this great animation from the 70's?

shrox
10-23-2008, 02:27 PM
I was always fascinated by the old Chuck Wagon dog food commercials with the chuck wagon comes out of the TV and is chased by the dog. It was all stop motion, but looked great, even for 30+ years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnwppcD-SMc

hrgiger
10-23-2008, 02:51 PM
I always wished that the dog would catch that chuck wagon and shake it in his teeth.

Chris S. (Fez)
10-23-2008, 03:05 PM
Ha! Before my time, but cool.

shrox
10-23-2008, 03:55 PM
I always wished that the dog would catch that chuck wagon and shake it in his teeth.

Well, yeah, me too. But the work is excellent, when the camera goes under the table and tracks with the motion about 8-9 seconds in. That's great for the techniques available then.

hrgiger
10-23-2008, 07:03 PM
I'm impressed knowing what I know now. Especially where it goes in and out of the TV. That would be a snap to do today but back then, it had to be a major pain in the @ss.

wp_capozzi
10-23-2008, 08:21 PM
Makes want to do some stop-mo and special effects again. I still have my old super8mm film camera, but even if I could find film, probably couldn't get it developed. Wonder what my video camera can do?....

I like that, thanks for sharing the link. I think I'll go rent a Harryhausen movie tonight.

Tom Wood
10-24-2008, 05:18 AM
Makes want to do some stop-mo and special effects again. I still have my old super8mm film camera, but even if I could find film, probably couldn't get it developed.

We had an Elmo super8 that used a film cartridge that was basically like a cassette tape. So it was relatively easy to rewind the film inside the cassette and shoot on top of it any number of times. We thought it was 'trippy'.