PDA

View Full Version : William's Videos look great on the iPhone!

JeffrySG
10-23-2008, 11:04 AM
For all of the iPhone owners out there who can't seem to find all the time to watch all of William's great videos - they look/sound great on the iPhone. Now you can watch them while you are sitting on the couch while the wifey is watching 'The real housewives of Atlanta' or watch them while commuting or in bed, or to be really time efficient you can even watch them on the john.

I used QT pro to resave the files.

Just open them up and go to export:

And then select Movie to iPhone:

Then just drag them into your movies area in iTunes:

(I also put a 'LW-' in front of each file name so they all get grouped together in my list on the iPhone.)

The look and sound great. You can pretty much see all the menu items also.
Thanks William! My wife really thinks I'm crazy now!

:thumbsup:

virtualcomposer
10-23-2008, 11:07 AM
I'll be an Iphone user in a couple of weeks and I'll check it out. It would be cool if the Iphone was powerful enough to run LW. I could create on the run. LOL

thomascheng
10-23-2008, 04:47 PM
I'm trying to avoid the iPhone, but i love how this will provide me training on the go. Long lines are going to be great.

Hopper
10-23-2008, 05:22 PM
I have 4 of Williams videos on my phone and I don't have an iPhone... There are plenty of phones that will do the same. Albeit not as high of a "cool" factor, but just as functional nonetheless.

inquisitive
10-23-2008, 10:12 PM
I had some training videos on my Treo but the screen is a tad too small to really see. The issue for me is not buying the phone but paying twice as much monthly to use it.

biliousfrog
10-24-2008, 06:57 AM
I have 4 of Williams videos on my phone and I don't have an iPhone... There are plenty of phones that will do the same. Albeit not as high of a "cool" factor, but just as functional nonetheless.

I don't know...not being able to send mms, forward messages, take video or do half the things that a 20 off the shelf, pay as you go, cell phone can do doesn't give it much of a "cool" factor to me :confused: ...oh, hang on...I didn't see the silhouette of a granny smith on the back...yep, must be cool:p

My girlfriend has been cursing the day that she demanded an upgrade from her Blackberry. They are cool little gadgets, I agree but I 'Phone' is pushing things a little, IPod+ would be more appropriate.

MrWyatt
10-24-2008, 12:14 PM
don't have an iphone but the latest ipod touch 16GB and have all of the new plus the older video tuts from William on it 1,4 days it says ;)
but according to the 4.24 GB it uses I think there is at least place for some 60 more hours of tutorial goodness to get this thing to spill over.

so go on William, you can do it.

;)

RonGC
10-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Yeah i have the iPod Touch as well, same screen as the iphone, the videos look great on it as well.

Ron

virtualcomposer
10-28-2008, 08:53 AM
If William could just do another 60-100 video tutorials by the end of November, then we can all relax. LOL Make sure they are at least 20 minutes long a piece.:thumbsup: LOL

archijam
11-09-2008, 12:42 PM
Can't newtek turn these into a podcast?

Converting all of them would take more than 6 hours!

The vids are not only inspirational but also a great marketing tool...

See attached Rhino-casts ....

RonGC
11-09-2008, 01:13 PM
I have already converted a few to iphone format on my Mac, it is extremely easy to do the conversion on the Mac and submit to iTunes as podcasts. These are very good quality sharp, clear videos, with clean audio.

If William and Newtek are willing, i can convert all of them and submit them to iTunes as podcasts, as a public service to the community.

However as these are the intellectual property of NewTek i can not just provide them without their permission.

Ron

nthused
11-09-2008, 02:25 PM
...The vids are not only inspirational but also a great marketing tool...
A great point. This should be a priority for NewTek Marketing. Not only for LW but for all of their products. A very simple and powerful tool, the Podcast.

JeffrySG
11-10-2008, 07:40 AM
Yeah, it would be really cool to see a nice NewTek Lightwave channel on iTunes. It could be a nice place to put all of William's vids as well as the many other videos available on the NT site. They could even put on all of the SIGGRAPH videos as well!

Stooch
11-12-2008, 04:42 AM
nice. i just got one. but its kinda pointless now since ive seen em all.

Matt
11-12-2008, 07:06 AM
Can't newtek turn these into a podcast?

Converting all of them would take more than 6 hours!

The vids are not only inspirational but also a great marketing tool...

See attached Rhino-casts ....

I agree, this would be a nice way to know when new ones go up too via subscribing.