PDA

View Full Version : Getting the message . . .

@NiM8R
10-23-2008, 09:48 AM
I made the jump from v5.5 to v9.5 all at once. I have nearly found where all my familiar utilities have been moved to, or merged with (i.e. "Field chart", import .wav etc.)
Some of the tuts that came with LW have colored floating lines of text that are visible in layout, and are usually locked to the +Z facing direction. These messages offer suggestions like "Press F9 to render" and "Reset all sliders to 40% before keyframing". Some of the tuts have "pose sliders" for the current characters' eyelids or mouth. Stoopid question: How'd they do that? - It is a very useful feature. -

virtualcomposer
10-23-2008, 10:22 AM
Wow, 5.5 to 9.5. Now that's an upgrade jump. Were you amazed at the difference and improvements?

Andrew March
10-23-2008, 10:31 AM
I made the jump from v5.5 to v9.5 all at once. I have nearly found where all my familiar utilities have been moved to, or merged with (i.e. "Field chart", import .wav etc.)
Some of the tuts that came with LW have colored floating lines of text that are visible in layout, and are usually locked to the +Z facing direction. These messages offer suggestions like "Press F9 to render" and "Reset all sliders to 40% before keyframing". Some of the tuts have "pose sliders" for the current characters' eyelids or mouth. Stoopid question: How'd they do that? - It is a very useful feature. -

Are you refering to morph mixer or sliders, they are different.

@NiM8R
10-23-2008, 11:41 AM
Yes, the version upgrade is great! - I can now do things in minutes that used to take hours. - I have seen the mixers and sliders - but there are also text messages that have no function other than to inform the user. In layout, I can see them from any view, and they don't seem to be selectable. I was asking if anyone knew how this is done. - Thanks!!