PDA

View Full Version : Cant save preset

akrantz
10-22-2008, 09:11 PM
Anyone else experiencing the problem of saving a custom surface to the preset surfaces shelf? I tried double clicking it and nothing happened, right clicking and selecting load within the preset shelf did nothing either. There is also a small lock icon on all the surface library names that I don't remember seeing before. I tried to fix permission within OSX in case that was the problem but had no results. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. I am using OSX.5

akrantz
10-23-2008, 07:56 PM
anyone?

ingo
10-24-2008, 03:26 AM
Most of the time its saved but you wont see it. Just close LW and reopen it then i guess you will see several copies of the preset. The preset shelf is a bit wacky on OSiX, better is to save the texture.

nzsiwade
10-24-2008, 08:43 AM
Anyone else experiencing the problem of saving a custom surface to the preset surfaces shelf? I tried double clicking it and nothing happened, right clicking and selecting load within the preset shelf did nothing either. There is also a small lock icon on all the surface library names that I don't remember seeing before. I tried to fix permission within OSX in case that was the problem but had no results. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. I am using OSX.5

I'm having this exact same problem, and closing/opening lightwave doesn't fix it at all..

nzsiwade
10-24-2008, 08:46 AM
after a quick look on the rest of the forum it seems this is a recognised problem - fix will be in 9.5..

akrantz
10-25-2008, 06:08 PM
great thanks. Cant wait till 9.5 is out of beta.