PDA

View Full Version : Polygon surface membership??

tickle
08-05-2003, 02:53 AM
Hi Everyone!

I have assigned two different surfaces to the polys in my model, bottle and cap.

When I select a poly and check the information (i) about the poly it reports that the ploy is memeber of the assigned surface. OK, fine.

The trouble is that the assigned surfaces don't show up in the polygon statistics panel (w) and therefore I can't use this shortcut to the select the polys for the cap and bottle.

I'm running LW 7.5c, have anyone seen the same thing or an I missing some step?

See Ya,

Skonk
08-05-2003, 06:12 AM
Click the little Downwards arrow to the right of where it says "Surf", it will list all the surfaces there and once u select one u can then click the +- to thel eft of "Surf" to select/deselect the polygons.

James..

tickle
08-05-2003, 08:17 AM
Thanks for the reply,

Tried to follow our hints, didn't work. Hit (w) couple of times to "refresh the panel".

I use a dual monitor setup and when I reactivate the statisticspanel it pops back to the No1 monitor.

This was actually the solution to the panel problem.

I'm not able to activate the "arrows" in the panel on my second monitor - weird.

I have seen this kind of behavior of some of the panels, motion mixer etc. But, naturaly forgotten all about it. This was a good reminder.

Regarding the dual monitor problem I will scan the posts on similar problems.

See Ya!

Skonk
08-05-2003, 08:28 AM
If u cant click that then i have no idea, its grayed out but thats as it should be, it would turn black once u select a surface.

You could try disabling the second monitor and see if it works then, to be sure that is actually the cause.

James..