PDA

View Full Version : X Dof 32bit vs 64bit with HV's!

dmack
10-22-2008, 07:45 AM
Hi All,

Anyone else noticed that x-dof ignores where HVs are under the 32bit version of the plugin but doesn't under the 64bit version? So, in the 32bit version, it takes the depth of any pixel basd on the geometry behind the hv, whereas iunder the 64bit version, it actually looks to see where the HV is and blurs based on that (which in my current case is NOT what I want!)

Just wondering....

David

scarabrae
10-24-2008, 02:52 AM
Sorry for not adding to your question dmack.

I have been waiting a while to get an answer from evasion as to whether x-dof works under 64bit lightwave 9.5, [vista 64bit]. Particularly when they have an offer on just now.

So apart from the differences with what you have just said in relation to hv's, are you finding the plugin working ok?

palpal
10-24-2008, 04:55 AM
But in a way it does not work the way I got it to work before... and with the cam and global cam settings and alias and so on it renders xdof on each pass and so on... hmmm... I do not know as I can not get the glow and special buffer and these stuff to work propper... It were so cool in the past, just add xdof and instant better image, now I can not get that feeling. Ohhh... well... then again, I am the one that do not understand nodes... :jester: I guess it is more about the time spendt on it and it will work the same ... it is running and rendering...

Your PAL

Mr_Q
10-28-2008, 06:04 PM
XDOF works in both 32bit and 64bit versions of Vista with 9.5. And I get working DOF with voxels in both 32b and 64b versions.

But I STRONGLY suggest getting Evasion's XDOF Studio 2.0. It's a stand alone easy to use app. It's fast and has much improved "X" Dof over the older Xdof.

palpal
10-29-2008, 03:53 AM
I have xdof studio also and it is awsome, from 2d anims and so on that I render in effect... but from LW I did not ever get the z maps right... deapth... can you set up a realy simple step you do when saving out frames with deapth?

Your PAL :thumbsup:

Mr_Q
10-29-2008, 12:11 PM
The next update to Lightwave features a corrected Z-Depth buffer.

palpal
10-29-2008, 01:08 PM
You are telling us in the last post you did that it works super in 32 and 64 bit and that one should get the studio version as that is even better... what are your ways to get that right now as you say you have it today and even better than with xdof inside lw... Just want to get the formula on that as that is something I really would love to have proper right now too as you have...

Your PAL :help:

Mr_Q
10-31-2008, 04:13 PM
I export out a FP (hdr) ZDepth buffer from LW that contains every item in the scene. The compositor then uses X-Dof Studio 2.0 to apply the dof effect. Using the Zdepth and a final comp beauty pass of the shot. Since it also contains all of the items in the scene.

palpal
10-31-2008, 09:01 PM
I export out a FP (hdr) ZDepth buffer from LW that contains every item in the scene. Using the Zdepth and a final comp beauty pass of the shot. Since it also contains all of the items in the scene.

How is that done, please... there are alot of people reading this that can not do this, beleive me...

Your PAL :lwicon:

dmack
11-02-2008, 06:07 AM
Sorry, been away for a few days....

I'm calling for interpolated depth of field that would remove the necessity for external DOF programms and plugins. It's such an important feature to a renderer nowadays that I feel it should be at the core of the programme. x-dof plugin doesn't work correctly with perspective camera.