PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone else get this to work on a mac ?

larkis
10-22-2008, 12:44 AM
There is a plugin here that i want to try but when i download the mac version and try to add it lightwave tells me that 0 plugins have been found in 1 file or that no plugins were found or could not be added. The website says version 8 and above, i have version 9.3. Any ideas what could be wrong ?

http://www.dstorm.co.jp/english/plugin/displace.htm

meshpig
10-22-2008, 02:07 AM
You should already have it. "Trail"; just check your plugin window under category/displacement.

m

3dworks
10-22-2008, 02:29 AM
some of those are already integrated into the standard set of LW, as meshpig points out.

as for the problem with adding the plugin, check if you are running the UB version of LW. in this case, you need a completely different compile of a plugin than with the PPC CFM version. UB plugins have the ending .plugin and are only running with the universal binary version of LW. the older .p - ending plugins for mac are just supported by the PPC CFM version.

markus

larkis
10-22-2008, 02:47 AM
You should already have it. "Trail"; just check your plugin window under category/displacement.

m

Trail and Trailer seem to be different plugins.. The interface of trail does not look anything like the one shown for trailer.

3dworks
10-22-2008, 03:06 AM
ah forgot: afaik all of those dstorm plugins are PPC/CFM only.

meshpig
10-22-2008, 03:16 AM
Trail and Trailer seem to be different plugins.. The interface of trail does not look anything like the one shown for trailer.

That's because Trailer is pre 9. That's how it looked in 8, no problem there.

larkis
10-22-2008, 12:00 PM
That's because Trailer is pre 9. That's how it looked in 8, no problem there.

How do i use the new one then ? It talks about particles in it while the other one did not (trail when added to the list is called "particle trail". Is trail described in the manual ? Where are the axis controls and what does particle age have to do with trailing an object ? This plug here even if it's the old interface has totally different functionality. http://www.dstorm.co.jp/archives/plugins/Trailer/doce/index.htm