PDA

View Full Version : Evil may be freed in San Fran

theo
10-21-2008, 06:16 PM
Pimps, johns and crimes of unspeakable horror will descend upon San Fran if prop K passes.:thumbsup:

The village of the decayed and rampantly decadent (http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D93V4U0O0&show_article=1)

Nicolas Jordan
10-21-2008, 06:42 PM
Won't be to much longer and there won't be such a thing as crime because everything will be legal. A world without crime won't that be nice? :grumpy:

hrgiger
10-21-2008, 07:41 PM
What's wrong with legalized prostitution? If the government would just regulate it, it would be a tremendous windfall for the government. It'd clear up that little pesky economy problem we're having in not too long at all.

Hopper
10-21-2008, 08:53 PM
It is legal in Nevada remember... They don't seem to have a problem with it. The ho's just register with medicals, etc... and that's it.

theo
10-21-2008, 10:20 PM
Prostitution should have been a legal business entity decades ago. I would only ask that this type of business be regulated a bit more circumspectly due to the sensitive nature of its transactions.

I just find it odd that the bdsm capital of the world still can't wrap its head around nookie sales.

Nangleator
10-22-2008, 08:54 AM
In another thread, I was informed Sweden enacted a law that made selling legal, but buying was still illegal. The result is that the girls can blackmail the johns. Prostitution disappeared within a few weeks.

Another option would be to legalize it, with strict government regulation for health reasons. The government would get a modest pimp fee (or call it taxes, if you like,) and real abuses can dry up quickly.

Of course, that's all in fantasy world. What politician could survive suggesting that?

Hopper
10-22-2008, 09:14 AM
Of course, that's all in fantasy world. What politician could survive suggesting that?
Oh, only if Chuck Norris would get into politics... he could do it. :D

CMT
10-22-2008, 09:18 AM
Of course, my Christian morals get in the way of this one and just scream for me to protest this.

But religion aside,.... one has to weigh what basic rights are given to an individual in this country. Legally, why shouldn't a person be able to have sex with whomever they choose, even for money? (I'm talking people here :) ) Sex is one of the most basic needs of a person, at least for men....

But if it is ever made legal anywhere, as Theo mentioned, there should be some type of regulation. I don't know what form that would take. The only thing I would be wary of is the obvious concern for the possibility of STD's spreading. One would hope that safe sex would be practiced, but who knows?

Maybe once a month check ups for the prostitutes, and each new John should possibly be required to get a test as well the first time. For repeat customers, maybe every 6 months. I dunno, but something would definitely need to be done in that area.

hrgiger
10-22-2008, 09:29 AM
That would be the idea behind government regulation. The bonus is, the program would pay for itself and still have money going into the system.

Nangleator
10-22-2008, 09:41 AM
And how lovely that so much of that taxable income would come straight from so many upstanding government employees!

That would be almost like getting some of our own tax money back. Sort of.

art
10-22-2008, 09:44 AM
I'm all for legalized prostitution, but then perhaps it would be too tempting. :devil:

DiedonD
10-22-2008, 09:50 AM
In another thread, I was informed Sweden enacted a law that made selling legal, but buying was still illegal. The result is that the girls can blackmail the johns. Prostitution disappeared within a few weeks.

Another option would be to legalize it, with strict government regulation for health reasons. The government would get a modest pimp fee (or call it taxes, if you like,) and real abuses can dry up quickly.

Perhaps US can come up with a 'new' idea and make selling ILLEGAL, but buying completely legal. Which is different, thus new, and you can still end up with the blackmail part too.

CMT
10-22-2008, 09:54 AM
I'm all for legalized prostitution, but then perhaps it would be too tempting. :devil:

Yeah, you're telling me....

I was in China on a business trip several years ago and was in the hotel bar at around 11:30 PM when an extremely hot Chinese woman came up and solicited herself. She didn't look underage at all which would have turned me off right away if she was. She looked about 20-22. I just about gave in. If I wasn't married at the time, I might have given into it. But the temptation is very strong when the opportunity presents itself.

But it's definitely a law that would help break up marriages if it ever passed. But, people are flawed have the right to make their own personal mistakes.

Bog
10-22-2008, 09:58 AM
I can't remember who said "It's sex and capitalism - which part do you have a problem with?"

Long story short, if you own yourself in the true sense, then you ought to be able to make money providing any service that doesn't actually harm anyone else. If you legalise (that is, terminate government interference in) prostitution, then it's going to be an awful lot easier for prostitutes to keep their medical checks up to date, which is going to result in healthier people. Also, if prostitution's illegal and a pimp's mistreating his "employees", they can't exactly complain to the cops.

So on balance, one more place where the Gubment should mind it's constitutionally mandated beeswax and let people get on with turning a profit by making other people happy. Everyone's a winner.

hrgiger
10-22-2008, 10:07 AM
Long story short, if you own yourself in the true sense, then you ought to be able to make money providing any service that doesn't actually harm anyone else.

True true. I always said if I could dance or have the motivation to work out regularly, I'd be a male stripper faster then you could say full monty. But alas, neither of those conditions are likely to happen.

adamredwoods
10-22-2008, 10:40 AM
I am voting Prop K down.

There are NO REGULATIONS for prostitutes with this proposition, just a mandate to cops to stop arresting hookers.

Its yet another poorly thought-out proposition, like the time they tried to turn Alcatraz into a "world-peace" amusement park.

Nangleator
10-22-2008, 10:57 AM
Yeah, we've been philosophizing. But if the plan is to stop arresting (certain) criminals because it's hard... Well, screw it. Work harder.

warmiak
10-22-2008, 11:39 AM
I can't remember who said "It's sex and capitalism - which part do you have a problem with?"

Long story short, if you own yourself in the true sense, then you ought to be able to make money providing any service that doesn't actually harm anyone else. If you legalise (that is, terminate government interference in) prostitution, then it's going to be an awful lot easier for prostitutes to keep their medical checks up to date, which is going to result in healthier people. Also, if prostitution's illegal and a pimp's mistreating his "employees", they can't exactly complain to the cops.

So on balance, one more place where the Gubment should mind it's constitutionally mandated beeswax and let people get on with turning a profit by making other people happy. Everyone's a winner.

Sounds like a winner.

There is absolutely no need for the government to interfere with two adults engaging in a mutually beneficial ( at least as viewed by the parties involved) act.

Let them tax it , regulate it or whatever but make it legal.

hrgiger
10-22-2008, 11:39 AM
There are NO REGULATIONS for prostitutes with this proposition, just a mandate to cops to stop arresting hookers.

They police, which I might remind all of us here, waste a lot of our tax money by arresting prostitiutes. I'd rather they spend their (our)time on catching real criminals.

IMI
10-22-2008, 12:50 PM
I agree. Prostitution should be legal. Why waste lots of police time trying to stop two people from negotiating sex?

What are you talking about? It IS legal. It's been legal for as long as I've been aware.

What, you don't remember dating? I don't know about you, but when I was 17, girls didn't just jump into bed without dinner and a movie at least. :D

adamredwoods
10-22-2008, 01:27 PM
They police, which I might remind all of us here, waste a lot of our tax money by arresting prostitiutes. I'd rather they spend their (our)time on catching real criminals.

Prostitution in SF tends happen where crime is high, so cops in that area is not a bad thing. Additionally, they aren't arresting them all that much.

There's a lot of slave-sex trafficking in SF, too, which is another reason to pass an appropriate law.

Bog
10-22-2008, 03:43 PM
Well... I can't argue too much with that. Though I'm sure there are some here who would disagree that you could transpose the words prostitution and dating - even though oftentimes they could be. :)

Abolishing the criminilisation of prostitution is the abolition of hypocrasy, nothing more and nothing less. Sex which is not a transaction has a name: Rape. To criminalise some transactions and not others is shameful hipocracy, and also means that the Gubment owns your body more than you do. Which is shameful of itself.

Bog
10-22-2008, 05:41 PM
quite possibly bugger all,mate.