PDA

View Full Version : Triangles sharing a single point

VUE
10-21-2008, 02:52 AM
Hi guys,

Is there any scripts or plugins, beside "fix pole" that can solve this problem? see attached. There are triangles sharing a single point, it causes some form or uneveness in the rounder area.

Thanks.

meshpig
10-21-2008, 03:32 AM
V

If you find it's too triangular just run the cut command/cut tool on the selected triangles and run some more edges into it and unify the top portion "ctrl z".

Or the knife tool "shift k" on x or z axis.

CC sub d will support the "n-gon" ( more than four sided polygon) and it will round at the top. Sometimes "Stars" will be OK, it's not like you have mucked up or something.

VUE
10-21-2008, 05:34 AM
Hi Meshpig,

Thanks. Actually is not about the triangular things (maybe the sample is not a good one) but the one you done is one example. :)

It has some form of distortion ("star") around it. Anyway to get rid of them? It seems like "crack", and if the texture is smooth or reflective, is going to show up pretty clearly. Other textures are fine, infact might not tell is there.

Vue

cagey5
10-21-2008, 05:40 AM
Is it any better if you dissolve pairs of Tri's into quads?

meshpig
10-21-2008, 05:52 AM
Hi Meshpig,

Thanks. Actually is not about the triangular things (maybe the sample is not a good one) but the one you done is one example. :)

It has some form of distortion ("star") around it. Anyway to get rid of them? It seems like "crack", and if the texture is smooth or reflective, is going to show up pretty clearly. Other textures are fine, infact might not tell is there.

Vue

Yeah, turn smoothing on for the texture and go one step further as cagey suggests?

m

m

BeeVee
10-21-2008, 08:21 AM
It's fairly standard behaviour for LightWave SubDs. If you want to get rid of it Fix Pole shrinks the area affected down so that it's not noticeable.

B

SplineGod
10-21-2008, 08:30 AM
I generally will delete the polys that share the same point Select the points around the hole and create 4 splines. Patch them so you end up with an end cap made of quads.

VUE
10-21-2008, 08:20 PM
i think my best option now is to make them to quads.

thanks Cagey, Meshpig, Beevee and Splinegod.