PDA

View Full Version : 7.5 educational->professioanl = free 8 upgrade?

Hellbring
08-04-2003, 08:00 PM
If I upgrade from 7.5 educational to 7.5 professional now would I get lw 8 free? I know you had a deal if you bought lw 7.5 now you would get 8 free. I dont see why educational->professional should be out of this deal.

GCL
08-05-2003, 06:44 AM
If you upgrade your LW 7.5 to " current " upgrade offer, it will become a " commercial " version.
That is, the $495 upgrade makes it commercial, free DFX+ and
of course LW 8 upgrade.
If you go to the Keyframe web site, you can also get a free year subscription with upgrade purchase. By the way, fast, excellent service.

Cheers !

fig
08-05-2003, 08:51 AM
for upgrades in general, is just doing a standard upgrade sufficient for upgrading an educational version to a full version? i.e., if i had an educational 5.5 and spent the $495 to upgrade to 7.5 that would become a full version? sorry if it seems like a dumb question, didn't see it in the upgrade FAQs tho. thanks.

chris

GCL
08-05-2003, 01:59 PM
for upgrades in general, is just doing a standard upgrade sufficient for upgrading an educational version to a full version? i.e., if i had an educational 5.5 and spent the $495 to upgrade to 7.5 that would become a full version?

The following is from Keyframe web site for upgrades and this includes educational. That's how I did it ! Check with them, FAST replies.

If you are a registered LightWave owner , you can upgrade to the very latest in 3D software and get eyeon's DFX+ including the Visual Effects and 3D Modules for only $495! Added bonus... A FREE Keyframe subscription, too!

You will get LightWave [8] when the software ships, but you will receive DFX+ with Modules 1 & 4 immediately. If you do not have LightWave [7.5] yet, it is included (software only) in this offer. This is a limited time offer, so order now!

fig
08-07-2003, 09:31 AM
thanks for the info :)

chris