PDA

View Full Version : unreal Xtreme and LW 9.5?

lillmagnus
10-20-2008, 11:40 PM
I downloaded the latest version (LW9.X) but I get a crash when I add and click the Toon Tracer filter.

paulhart
10-21-2008, 10:51 AM
Non-Photographic Rendering is the forgotten child of Newtek, and the updated versions, while bringing great changes, have broken a few plugins, with Unreal Xtreme being one of them. I hope the developers update and add stability and clarity to this plugin. I would love for Newtek to bring some attention to this area of development. Other programs, Maya, Max, SoftImage, Cinema4D, all have dedicated line rendering/sketching tools integrated. Even Blender is getting a set of tools with Freestyle integration. So I keep waiting for Lightwave to pay attention to this, and hope Unreal Xtreme gets an update when the dust settles on Newtek development.
Paul

calilifestyle
10-21-2008, 10:58 AM
Weird when 9.5 came out this was the 1st thing i tested and i had no problems. Now are you using 9.5 or 9.5.XX.

lillmagnus
10-22-2008, 03:59 AM
LW 9.5, build 1445. Tried reinstalling lightwave, still the same problem. What version of unreal did you try when it did work?

calilifestyle
10-22-2008, 10:19 AM
I have the latest version. but ill double check i test Unreal with the the free stuff that came with Unreal. maybe i missed something.

JCG
10-22-2008, 02:51 PM
Maybe you just added the tracer and rendered with the default settings?
Because it can be added and it renders fine. It's only when you try to open the properties panel that it crashes.

calilifestyle
10-22-2008, 10:55 PM
AAAAA omg your right . i can add the toon tracer from the tab. but when i edit it, it crashes. im using same Lw3d version as your self . I don't have a problem with Unreal version 1.72, what ever version was last. so is this a problem in Lw 9.5.xx

:help:

AyoSup
03-04-2009, 06:28 PM
Even with 9.0, Toon Tracer has been showing some quirks. For some reason it stopped rendering the outlines, no matter what settings I play with. I think we all need a new and updated toon rendering plugin.:stumped:

Wickster
03-04-2009, 06:34 PM
Even with 9.0, Toon Tracer has been showing some quirks. For some reason it stopped rendering the outlines, no matter what settings I play with. I think we all need a new and updated toon rendering plugin.:stumped:
Kamusta Pare! :D
Have you tried the new version yet?
http://d-creation.sblo.jp/article/24824000.html

notes of changes;
http://d-creation.sakura.ne.jp/plugin/unreal2/htm/ver105_en.htm