PDA

View Full Version : HELP needed Animation error

Mat
10-20-2008, 07:34 PM
I getting this error on the model when I try to render a sequence, the first frame renders fine but the next 260 does not, also if I go to any point in the animation and hit f9 it renders properly, I would rather not have to render each frame manualy.

If anyone could help me out it would be greatly apreciated. and I would forever be your slave.

toby
10-20-2008, 09:38 PM
Ummm raytraced shadows on subD's problem? Have you checked the model for duplicate geometry, and do you have double-sided turned off -

Mat
10-20-2008, 10:16 PM
I finaly got the bug out.

1: I recently added a new morph, though I think that this was part of the problem it wasn't the main one, I know this because I replaced the model with an earlier one that had no morphs at all still an error.

2: The clothing and the character are two sep models and had 3 similar morph names, still not the main cause, I know this because I rendered the scene without the clothing model in the scene.

3: The Main cause,,, the display level? you heard display level was set to 1, the solution I set the display level to 0 before I rendered and presto.

This is a nasty little bug, and trying to find the work around has been very time consuming, the fact that the error didn't reveal itself until I hit f10, I checked weight maps, bone influences, previous models, morph maps, and the only way I could check was f10 render, render buger try again.

Thanks toby, unfortunately I just found the cause but in answereing you questions.

No duplicate geo as far as I know, also I usealy have double sided on, and I dont think that it is a render error because when I saved transformed and had a look at the model the geo was screwed up.

Surrealist.
10-21-2008, 12:19 AM
I have never seen or heard of such a bug. Display subpatch level should not effect the render. The only thing I can possibly imagine it effecting is RAM. If this is a bug you should prepare a scene that has this error that is repeatable and send it in as a FOG buz report. Would be great to have it fixed if it is a bug. :)