PDA

View Full Version : Introduction to Split Bone and Merge Bones

WilliamVaughan
10-20-2008, 02:18 PM
Introduction to Split Bone and Merge Bones:
Right-Click Here to save (ftp://ftp.newtek.com/multimedia/movies/LW_9/Layout_BoneSplit_Merge.mov)

I love these updated tools.

WilliamVaughan
10-20-2008, 02:38 PM
If your configuration doesnt have these tools you can easily add them in the Configure Menus Panel (Alt+F10) They are found in the “Tools” Command list

wavesoflight
10-20-2008, 09:44 PM
Awesome. Thanks, William. Your tutorials are always a pleasure to learn from. :thumbsup:

Nicolas Jordan
10-20-2008, 10:20 PM
Very cool! I didn't even know these tools were updated. :boogiedow

Nicolas Jordan
10-22-2008, 10:54 AM
When I tried to use Split Bone it just came up with a dialogue box asking how many bones I wanted to split it into with no interactive preview at all. Is there something I am missing?:stumped:

WilliamVaughan
10-22-2008, 11:25 AM
When I tried to use Split Bone it just came up with a dialogue box asking how many bones I wanted to split it into with no interactive preview at all. Is there something I am missing?:stumped:

sounds like teh odl tool...make sureyour using the correct tool

Nicolas Jordan
10-22-2008, 11:39 AM
I double checked and made sure I am using the new Split Bone instead of the old Bone Split tool. I had to add the new one to the menus to use it. Here is a screen grab of what I am getting when I try to use it.

lardbros
10-22-2008, 11:57 AM
Just tried this out, cool new idea... just kinda wish some of these tools were more refined in the way the handles look etc, but it's a nice start.

I found that sometimes left clicking seems to split the bones too, which can lead to some issues when trying to move the handles around.

Castius
10-22-2008, 12:55 PM
Anyone care to confirm that Merge Bones does not maintain proper orientation, when used on joints. Merge zbones does it correctly.

cagey5
10-22-2008, 12:56 PM
Nicholas. Re Split Bone:

I had exactly the same problem so went into edit menus. A search found two instances of 'Split Bone' one of which wasn't on the menu tabs. I dragged that over and it works as described. Which gives me 3 tools at present
1. Bone Split - The old tool
2. Split bone which gives the dialogue box
3. Split Bone - Interactive as per video.

Obviously I am going to delete the 'odd' one.

Nicolas Jordan
10-22-2008, 02:12 PM
Nicholas. Re Split Bone:

I had exactly the same problem so went into edit menus. A search found two instances of 'Split Bone' one of which wasn't on the menu tabs. I dragged that over and it works as described. Which gives me 3 tools at present
1. Bone Split - The old tool
2. Split bone which gives the dialogue box
3. Split Bone - Interactive as per video.

Obviously I am going to delete the 'odd' one.

Thanks, that's exactly what the problem was. :)