PDA

View Full Version : Red White & Blue it

djmm62
10-20-2008, 07:24 AM
I'm An Australian watching you're presidential race and I can't help but feeling that you guy's are getting the short end of the stick.
Seems to me that whoever has the most money or whoever puts on the best show (Hollywood style).....wins.
I look at your choices and I think to myself ;OH MY GOD; IS THAT IT.
Dont take wrong, I love your country, it makes good comedies (2nd to British)
and when you invade a country YOU REALLY INVADE A COUNTRY, but you really should look at EVERY other country on the planet and elect leaders on their merrits and their political history.
The old guy looks like that guy you see sitting on the stool in the corner of a pub and the other guy looks like that skinny guy you'd beat up in the schoolyard...,,.hmmm which one for President?

archijam
10-20-2008, 07:45 AM
Where have you been man ... since when have we had a better choice in Australia? : /

hrgiger
10-20-2008, 07:45 AM
Basically you're correct. It's all about who puts on the best show, and who can slander the other guy more effectively. Sure we have a democratic system of electing public officials here but the advantage always goes to those with the most money.

ericsmith
10-20-2008, 07:57 AM
I'll also agree that your point is basically correct, but can you see the irony in your post?

You condemn the idea of choosing a leader on the merits of their appearance, and then you berate the two candidates based on their appearance.

If you lived here, you'd be one of the people that are the very cause of the problem you're pointing out.

Eric

djmm62
10-20-2008, 07:59 AM
Where have you been Arch,our politicians in Australia aren't brought through the ranks due to splashing the dollars around,they make their way after years of campaining and hard work. Where have you been Man

djmm62
10-20-2008, 08:27 AM
Eric
I never said you should base yor preferences on the appearance of somebody,
I'm stating that nobody should be able to be in such a position of power for any other reason but their ability to lead a nation regardless of how much money they have at their disposal.

mattclary
10-20-2008, 08:58 AM
http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/10/judging_who_is_smart.html

Apparently, the skill most highly prized in a President is articulateness in extemporaneous public speaking. In fact, it is so highly prized, it is considered a necessary condition to assume the Presidency, and probably even a sufficient one. At least if you believe Big Media and an ever-increasing herd of conservative pundits.

I use Sarah Palin as an example. Throughout her life, she was chosen by her peers for leadership roles.

Read the article. Being chosen rather than campaigning is pretty important.

warmiak
10-20-2008, 10:09 AM
I'm An Australian watching you're presidential race and I can't help but feeling that you guy's are getting the short end of the stick.
Seems to me that whoever has the most money or whoever puts on the best show (Hollywood style).....wins.
I look at your choices and I think to myself ;OH MY GOD; IS THAT IT.
Dont take wrong, I love your country, it makes good comedies (2nd to British)
and when you invade a country YOU REALLY INVADE A COUNTRY, but you really should look at EVERY other country on the planet and elect leaders on their merrits and their political history.
The old guy looks like that guy you see sitting on the stool in the corner of a pub and the other guy looks like that skinny guy you'd beat up in the schoolyard...,,.hmmm which one for President?

What you are complaining about is .. human nature.

ericsmith
10-20-2008, 02:52 PM
I never said you should base yor preferences on the appearance of somebody,

Really?

zapper1998
10-20-2008, 03:58 PM
Short end of the "Stick" ....

They took the stick away along time ago, all we have now is a "Twig" ....