PDA

View Full Version : Hypervoxels Question?

alkart2003
10-19-2008, 06:01 PM
I have a point cloud that I created in modeler and brought into layout to apply hypervoxel clip maps, so that the clip map always faces the camera. When I apply the hypervoxel sprite to the point cloud and the clip map to the sprite, it fails to render. I see the point cloud but no clip map. I will post a image. I see the clip map in open GL but not in the render. Can someone help explain how to do this? Is there another solution to replace the points with a flat polygon but always face the camera?

Amhras
10-21-2008, 11:33 AM
I have a point cloud that I created in modeler and brought into layout to apply hypervoxel clip maps, so that the clip map always faces the camera. When I apply the hypervoxel sprite to the point cloud and the clip map to the sprite, it fails to render. I see the point cloud but no clip map. I will post a image. I see the clip map in open GL but not in the render. Can someone help explain how to do this? Is there another solution to replace the points with a flat polygon but always face the camera?

Have you tried inverting the clip map?

alkart2003
10-22-2008, 10:03 PM
I tried to invert the clip map but it still doesn't show up. Can somebody walk me through this? This is not a particle emmitter. It is a particle cloud made from random points in modeler.

serge
10-23-2008, 07:12 AM
I think the problem might be that you have "Use Particle Color" checked. This feature isn't documented as far as I can see (are you listening Newtek!), but I believe you use it in conjunction with a color Vmap for the object. Try unchecking this feature and see what happens.