PDA

View Full Version : Reality

shrox
10-19-2008, 01:17 AM
Tonight I went out drinking. As usual, I sat alone while people around me kept looking away every time I would look around. I have been told my gaze is rather intense. After three drinks and three glasses of water, I went to the all night diner. I had a breakfast, and next to me was a man who was obviously mentally ill. Everyone would look away when he glanced at them.

Jesus said to give up you life for others. I realized he didn't mean go die for some cause, he meant give up your life for a few seconds to help someone else. So I did, I secretly told the waitress that I would cover whatever he wanted. He ordered a melted cheese sandwich, and some ice cream.

I have 11 days before I am like him, homeless and hoping for something to come along. I gave up my life for a few moments to quietly give to someone else.

Sometimes, the discussion of God becomes so protracted, the message is lost. I hope that tonight I delivered the right message.

DiedonD
10-19-2008, 01:47 AM
Tonight I went out drinking. As usual, I sat alone while people around me kept looking away every time I would look around. I have been told my gaze is rather intense. After three drinks and three glasses of water, I went to the all night diner. I had a breakfast, and next to me was a man who was obviously mentally ill. Everyone would look away when he glanced at them.

Jesus said to give up you life for others. I realized he didn't mean go die for some cause, he meant give up your life for a few seconds to help someone else. So I did, I secretly told the waitress that I would cover whatever he wanted. He ordered a melted cheese sandwich, and some ice cream.

I have 11 days before I am like him, homeless and hoping for something to come along. I gave up my life for a few moments to quietly give to someone else.

Sometimes, the discussion of God becomes so protracted, the message is lost. I hope that tonight I delivered the right message.

Hey Shrox

Whats gonna happen in 11 days man? Why homeless?! Would you care to share? Maybe we can somehow help.

Or if you prefer send me a PM

geothefaust
10-19-2008, 02:18 AM
The message is a good one, but god isn't needed to be a kind, caring person. The deed you have done tonight is a great one, and it will return to you in due time. :) Thanks for being a nice person.

Welcome to the club brother. I too am homeless. I spend every night at someone's house that is not mine, at a couple of different places.

virtualcomposer
10-19-2008, 03:35 AM
I'm hoping that the economy will turn around quickly so that all of us have so much work that we won't have time for anything else. My prayers are with you Shrox. My wife and I have been days from being homeless and being without any food many, many times through the years and the Lord has seen us through. Sometimes he waits until the midnight hour but during those times of struggle is when we see how much we need him. What you did reminds me of the Bible verses of the widow's offering in Mark 12:42-44. Our of her poverty she gave. Jesus saw that she gave more then all of the wealthy because she gave all she had to live on. My wife and I during those very hard times of wondering prayed every night. If we couldn't give our tithe, we would give some time to our church helping and ask the Lord to help us. Even if it wasn't a nickel more, the Lord provided either from a phone call for a small project job or the church gave us food. If you don't have a good church, now would be a good time to find one and let them know of your situation. God works through people and without good people in the church, my wife and I would probably not have made it. Churches also have good contacts with people who might be renting a room or may be able to help your situation financially. Anyway, we will be praying for you. I'll let my church know tomorrow about your situation.

DiedonD
10-19-2008, 04:56 AM
Can any of you, Shrox and Javis, earn about roughly 400 Euros per month for yourselves? Just that much! And it has to be online.

Im trying to help, and Im trying to do that by helping you help yourselves. If you can do the above, then perhaps you can benefit from the economy differences that our countries have.

In other words, earn from there, spend them here, cause of the economy here, that much is an avarage here. Id help you in anything you'd need to know, give you information in your decision making, follow you up through the settlement etc.

I know its a huge step. Its a step of oceanic measures, but that is one way to sustain yourselves.

I just cant see a creative person become homeless. Thus this idea came to me.

Anyway, that was what I was thinking and you think about it too if you like.

shrox
10-19-2008, 11:43 AM
I am looking for work, I have a recruiter. The waiting is grindingly slow. I am starting to not like weekends because it affects the job search!

prometheus
10-19-2008, 12:05 PM
Hang in there buddy, It was a Nice gesture of you to help that fellow out and showing some compassion.

I myself is out of job since a month ago, and looking around everywhere,However..sending jobapplications with almost no response can eat on Psychic health for sure.

So anyway, have patience and donīt give up, In momentīs that are tough, I have a habbit of turning on Peter Gabriels donīt Give up..That song is related to people not having jobs, and it
helped me having the spirit up a couple of years ago when I also was unemployed.

And hey try different ways of applying for jobs, itīs easy to fall in to the same pattern when searching for jobs and if nothing is happening it can be good to try new ways.
A good way can be to directly visit companys Even if they not are having jobbapplications advertised.

Michael

Intuition
10-19-2008, 12:10 PM
Man you are up in Loleta? Its hard enough finding work in LA where the work is.

I'd ask you to come in to BSG but I think your commute would be ridiculous.

Besides I am still waiting for Bog to get here.

You helped me out by letting us use a few of your models back on The Mars Underground back in 04. I would like to return the favor.

shrox
10-19-2008, 12:49 PM
Man you are up in Loleta? Its hard enough finding work in LA where the work is.

I'd ask you to come in to BSG but I think your commute would be ridiculous.

Besides I am still waiting for Bog to get here.

You helped me out by letting us use a few of your models back on The Mars Underground back in 04. I would like to return the favor.

I am willing to move and live in a camper in the company parking lot. I have a passport and I am willing to go where ever.

virtualcomposer
10-19-2008, 07:38 PM
Hang in there Shrox. Yes, it's extremely hard to find work these days. This economy has gotten most companies tight on budget and if you lose your job, finding one is, like Shrox said, slow which can seem like an eternity. I'm out of work myself except a few lessons here and there and like everyone else, the callbacks are not there. The funny thing is, it doesn't matter how good you are or how great your resume is these days, the callbacks are very hard to get. I'm hoping whoever will become president will fix this economy and help jobs become available again.

JamesCurtis
10-19-2008, 09:27 PM
What needs to be done too is companies need to try and stick it out too!! The more jobs lost the worse it'll get. Think of a domino effect.

geothefaust
10-19-2008, 09:47 PM
Can any of you, Shrox and Javis, earn about roughly 400 Euros per month for yourselves? Just that much! And it has to be online.

Im trying to help, and Im trying to do that by helping you help yourselves. If you can do the above, then perhaps you can benefit from the economy differences that our countries have.

In other words, earn from there, spend them here, cause of the economy here, that much is an avarage here. Id help you in anything you'd need to know, give you information in your decision making, follow you up through the settlement etc.

I know its a huge step. Its a step of oceanic measures, but that is one way to sustain yourselves.

Hey man! Your gesture is very nice. I've thought about doing something like that. I have some work that might be coming up really soon here, doing freelance as the 2nd person on a two man team. That should be cool, and I'm really looking forward to it. Hope it happens. *crosses fingers*

Hey Intuition, that is a super seriously nice offer to Shrox! BSG is one of my favourite shows, you guys do really amazing work on the show. :thumbsup:

MooseDog
10-19-2008, 09:56 PM
amen bro.

i'm in the red for the next two weeks, food stolen from work, can't afford to see my own children. was also, several months ago, just like you and facing homelessness, but in sacrificing myself for others (my kids in my case instead of a stranger) things worked themselves out.

to be sure, there's lots of people pissed at me (i.e. i owe them money :) ), but i have my health and my determination, like i sense you do too, and will someday look back, knowledgeable on how to deal with tough times.

wonderful, wonderful story about picking up that guy's tab. thank you.

wp_capozzi
10-19-2008, 11:05 PM
Standing up for the dignity and well being of another is no small thing. Even if the opportunity lasts only a moment, the action reverberates a long ways. Everyone walks a path, not always easy, to get to where they are. Showing a bit of care or acknowledgement makes a difference.

Stay visible to friends here on the forum and around you. Keep your head up. You do great work. Something will turn around soon.

virtualcomposer
10-19-2008, 11:20 PM
Standing up for the dignity and well being of another is no small thing. Even if the opportunity lasts only a moment, the action reverberates a long ways. Everyone walks a path, not always easy, to get to where they are. Showing a bit of care or acknowledgement makes a difference.

Stay visible to friends here on the forum and around you. Keep your head up. You do great work. Something will turn around soon.

:agree:

DiedonD
10-20-2008, 05:18 AM
Hey man! Your gesture is very nice. I've thought about doing something like that. I have some work that might be coming up really soon here, doing freelance as the 2nd person on a two man team. That should be cool, and I'm really looking forward to it. Hope it happens. *crosses fingers*

Hey no problem! Hopefully it works out for you *fingers crossed aswell*. Otherwise, you know where to find me if you need me. All of yas.

shrox
10-20-2008, 12:53 PM

I missed this post before, I am not quite sure what you mean. Do you mean moving or telecommuting?

Intuition
10-20-2008, 07:15 PM
http://www.origamidigital.com/

Did you check here? They are looking right now.

Andrewstopheles
10-20-2008, 07:28 PM
Are there any freelance sites that are known to be profitable and sustainable for freelance 3d work? I know it's a loaded question - is anyone having success using elance.com or allfreelance.com, or others?
I am on elance but haven't gotten going yet, but I have steady work so I haven't needed to. My thought is if times get tough a few small freelance projects might keep me fed while looking for the next steady gig. Is this something you've considered for yourself?

Hopper
10-20-2008, 07:50 PM
Go to DICE and search for 3d graphics artist. DICE is a monster.com for contracting. It may not have a whole lot, but it's something to look at anyway.

shrox
10-20-2008, 07:51 PM
Are there any freelance sites that are known to be profitable and sustainable for freelance 3d work? I know it's a loaded question - is anyone having success using elance.com or allfreelance.com, or others?
I am on elance but haven't gotten going yet, but I have steady work so I haven't needed to. My thought is if times get tough a few small freelance projects might keep me fed while looking for the next steady gig. Is this something you've considered for yourself?

I have tried some of those and both elance and sologig. I haven't picked up any work from them, I imagine I get underbid.

Stooch
10-20-2008, 11:54 PM
look into linked in as well. any pro these days should use that service. i get calls from recruiters who find me on linked in all the time.

DiedonD
10-21-2008, 01:41 AM
I missed this post before, I am not quite sure what you mean. Do you mean moving or telecommuting?

I mean both. Get work in the US, while you are here, and do your service online. Thus you can benefit from the difference in economy standards. In that way roughly 400 Euros would be an avarage here, enough to cover normal needs.

The more you do from that, you can elevate your living standards afterwards. And go to luxorious fish restaurans, luxorious vacations etc.

400 Euros may not be much there. But since it is here, and the services we offer CAN be done online, then perhaps some may wanna use those conditions to their favoir.

Me, Ill just help while your here with common info, helpful advices and the such, since Im here I should know how things go around here better, know what I mean.

Thats what I meant.