PDA

View Full Version : Streaming Media CODECs/Formats

goodrichm
08-04-2003, 03:10 PM
I'm trying to export a Toaster project out of SpeedRazor 4.8SE to be used on web pages as a short movie clip (streaming video/audio). SR errors out saying I need Audio CODECs installed to use the "Software .asf device" export option.

This brings up some questions...

1) What video and audio CODECs/formats are used to put streaming media on a web page (Only ASF or AVI & WAV...)? I guess I'm referring to the progressive type vice realtime...

2) Where can I download the CODECs used for streaming media? I thought they would be installed with Media Player 7.1, RealOnePLayer, Quicktime, TMPGEnc, VirtualDub, FlaskMPEG, etc...

3) Which format can be played by the most popular players...Windows Media Player 7.1, RealOnePLayer & Quicktime?

I've been searching the web and reading all the Newtek threads all day on streaming media, CODECs, ASF, etc. and my head hasn't stopped spinning!!!

Thanks in advance for your Help!

Mark

[email protected]

Pete Draves
08-04-2003, 03:47 PM
there is an upgrade available from insync to5.5 .
5.5 has all codecs built in .
easy to use and works much better with toaster
Pete

goodrichm
08-05-2003, 11:34 AM
Pete,

Thanks for your help. Looks like 5.5 isn't backward compatible with older version projects nor my aging Video Card.

I was hoping for a low-cost solution. I'm still just a po hobbyist trying to make a dollar! I can't justify to the wife another $500 toy yet!

Do you know what video and audio CODECs/formats are used to put streaming media on a web page? Can I use an AVI compressed video combined with WAV audio?

Thanks again...Mark

[email protected]

Pete Draves
08-05-2003, 11:38 AM
Yes it is backword compatible
just ignor the error it uses audio in a different way now

If the toaster works with your video card then razor should work.
no need to spend more than you need

This is also working with T3 (the Arnold version of toaster)

I usually use small mpeg 1's they are multiplatform readablein their nativer media players

"Ill be back"
Pete

goodrichm
08-08-2003, 12:47 PM
Pete,

I'll see what I can do with the info you've provided. Thanks again for all your help...Mark