PDA

View Full Version : Can't get MDD and FFX to work.

stevecullum
10-18-2008, 12:15 PM
Just watched Protons tutorial on FFX and MDD's, but unless I set my subD order to anything other than last, I get a node match error and the mesh doesn't deform.

My workflow was to 1. scan the motion with clothFX with subD order set to bones. 2. Save the file. 3. Load object into new scene 4. Set SubD order to after bones. 5 apply cloth FX and file 6. Get errors.

If I change to last I see the file working, but of course no FiberFX then!

Can anyone help?

SplineGod
10-18-2008, 06:41 PM
Are you chaning the subpatch level of the mesh to other then what you baked it at?

stevecullum
10-18-2008, 07:09 PM
Are you chaning the subpatch level of the mesh to other then what you baked it at?

Nope...using the same settings. I have found a work around using Dponts MDD pointer node and setting the node displacements to 'after morphing'

I really shouldn't need to resort to a third party tool to get things to work. I'm surprised no one else is having trouble :confused:

SplineGod
10-18-2008, 07:21 PM
Generally I use Dponts pointer node because it does give greater control. Ive notice that there have been issues with mdd files on various incarnations of 9.5
Ive sort of gotten used to 3rd party tools generally being better then what comes stock with LW.