PDA

View Full Version : Would you be willing to pay for more cameras & lenses for the Real Lens Camera?

lardbros
10-18-2008, 06:20 AM
Sorry, i don't work for Newtek, and yes, these polls do annoy me. BUT I just had a question pop up in my head and wondered how everyone felt about this?

Would you pay a small fee for more lenses and cameras to use with Lightwave? I think the issue of cost has sprung up before, so if it costs newtek to create/license more lenses and cameras, then would we, the users, be willing to pay for the upgrades to the cool camera?

If you get annoyed by polls, then my sincere apologies!

JeffrySG
10-18-2008, 10:06 AM
:agree:

And, I too, suppose that if I happen to have a project where having a specific lens would guarantee a great match and it wasn't too expensive I would probably get it but that would probably be the only reason.

biliousfrog
10-18-2008, 10:52 AM
It's extremely unlikely that a substitute lens couldn't be found, it isn't like they're 'that' close to the real thing anyway, just enough to make things a little more life-like. A lot of us have coped well enough for the past 5-10 years with the classic camera and photoshop/compositor so I don't think anyone's going to notice the difference between a Canon 50mm prime and a Nikon 17-55 set at 50mm. It's nice to have the option but I could get away with only a couple of lenses because most of the camera matching is done in post anyway.

Weetos
10-19-2008, 12:58 PM
love how the poll options are phrased :thumbsup:

sorry, couldn't resist :)

starbase1
10-20-2008, 04:38 AM
I said I wouldn't pay, but that's mainly because I don't use the real lens cameras... Seems to me they are mainly there to introduce the kind of defects that photographers try and avoid!

But I would also suggest it is in the camera manufacturers interest to get this data out there, and what is really needed is an environment like IES lights, where the manufacturers have a standard format data file that can be widely used by many applications.