PDA

View Full Version : n00b question on Audio

anyheck
10-17-2008, 01:18 PM
Hello,

This will probably seem really trivial, but I have read the manual and tried to search the forums, despite the search being apparently broken.

Anyhow, there are XLR 'front' and 'back' audio outputs for the SX-84 with VT5.

I'm using up to 8 mics at a time so I bring them into a mixer and send the 2-channel audio out to the balanced input of the VT.

The trouble is, the analog input audio only comes out of the 'front' XLRs and I can't figure how to route it to the 'back' XLRs.

Is this intentional or am I missing something?

What is the point of the 'back' outputs if you can't even get the analog input through to them?

Thanks for any help,
Anyheck

anyheck
10-23-2008, 01:41 PM
Anyone?

BTT.

Paul Lara
10-23-2008, 03:19 PM
The on-screen audio mixer has buttons for each channel at the bottom F B
F is for Front output and B routes audio to the Back outputs.

anyheck
10-24-2008, 12:10 PM
The on-screen audio mixer has buttons for each channel at the bottom F B
F is for Front output and B routes audio to the Back outputs.

Hey Paul,

Thanks for the reply.

I do see F&B buttons for the computer sources half of the mixer (DDRs for example), but the "SX84 Sources" half does not have those buttons.
:confused:

Quiet1onTheSet
10-25-2008, 11:02 AM
Hey Paul,

Thanks for the reply.

I do see F&B buttons for the computer sources half of the mixer (DDRs for example), but the "SX84 Sources" half does not have those buttons.
:confused:Hmmm. Just wondering: Have you any "surround" computer sources, there, anyheck?

kltv
10-25-2008, 01:25 PM
Hmmm. Just wondering: Have you any "surround" computer sources, there, anyheck?

I don't think that has anything to do with the discussion. He is asking about analog audio inputs not passing through to both pairs of analog XLR outputs. Having two XLR program outs is not unusual.

You might check the Audio Mixer to see if you are running it in 2 Channel or 4 Channel mode. In 4 channel mode, odd numbered analog inputs will pass through to the "Front" outputs and even will run out to the "Back" outputs. You probably want to be in 2 Channel mode.

The computer generated sources have the option to be routed to front/back, but I think the analog inputs are hard-coded to behave that way while you are in 4 channel mode.

The only other things I could think of it being are the main slider below "VT Input" being separated and having back turned down, the input pass through knob being turned all the way down, or the mute button above the "VT Output" being pushed for the back channel.

I hope that helps!
Kris

anyheck
10-26-2008, 11:43 AM
I'll take a look at those things on Monday.

Thanks for the suggestions.