PDA

View Full Version : 9.5 UB coming, end of November

yaschan
10-15-2008, 09:54 AM
So I heard, 9.5 UB is coming to at the end of November. Finally! Yahoo! What do you expect most in mac version?

This would be my dream..

1. Fix bug - switching back into Layout or Modeler wouldn't freeze the app tempoerarely

2. More common stability!

3. More stability to using boolean operations

4. More and more common stability!

5. Fix the bug in graph editor which happens when you attempt to copy and paste graphs.

6. Fix the bug of drop down menus not working until clicking desktop.

I really look forward 9.5 update!

JeffrySG
10-15-2008, 10:13 AM
Just so you know, you can download the 9.5.1 OB for the mac right now. If you own v9 or above you just have to register for it - it's free. Then you can see and use all the wonderful 9.5 goodness!

yaschan
10-17-2008, 02:31 AM
Oh really...!
It sure is time to update....!

yaschan
10-17-2008, 02:34 AM
But is the Open Beta really ok? Is it less or more bugs than 9.3? I wonder should I wait for the official release...

yaschan
10-17-2008, 02:38 AM
Also, I cannot understand where to download the 9.5.1 OB for the mac..

Kuzey
10-17-2008, 05:31 AM
It's been awhile, but I think you need to log in into your product page and there should be a banner for the open beta program somewhere, click that to get things rolling.

Kuzey

3dworks
10-17-2008, 07:35 AM
But is the Open Beta really ok? Is it less or more bugs than 9.3? I wonder should I wait for the official release...

it is MUCH better ;)

markus

ingo
10-17-2008, 09:11 AM
So I heard, 9.5 UB is coming to at the end of November. .....

What year ? :I_Love_Ne :question:

yaschan
10-18-2008, 10:21 PM
Really? Then, I ought to give it a try I guess.
The official release of 9.5.1 Mac will be end of November 2008 according to the reseller here in Japan.

POTO2220
10-23-2008, 08:36 AM

9.5.1 runs 1000x better on my macs than 9.3.1 I cant wait for the full release...it has so many better features, better memory usage, better open gl options, better everything...the windows and their text read right now (they were all crunched together in some requesters)...there was a lot wrong with 9.3 on the macs...its sure seems the 9.5 beta is the ticket. I have been using it now for a while and love it. go get it, you wont regret trying it.

daforum
10-23-2008, 04:47 PM
Woohoo! Not too long now. I want to wait and not get the beta version as I want all the problems ironed out.

This is going to be out at just the right time as I have a project coming up that needs "hair"
(can't wait to start using FiberFX like all the Windows users have been able to)

yaschan
10-24-2008, 11:03 PM
I certainly agree that 9.3 has MANY problems on the mac.
Sometimes Modeler or Layout just crashes even if I don't do anything, sometimes the crash occurs in middle of a huge rendering.
And application switching.. it is very annoying that I have to wait about 20, sometimes 30 seconds when I switch between Layout and Modeler. And sometimes Modeler just won't send the object into Layout even I ask it to.
And sometimes, Layout finds some "old cache", some polygons from long ago deleted objects in the OBJ files.
Drop down menus are just silly sometimes. I try select different object I have open in Modeler, and the drop down menu won't work in the first time, but I have to keep clicking it again and again, until finally it starts to work.
Then, using Rounder, often "Safety valve hit" happens, and I get warning that Modeler is left unstable, and I should save my work asap.
I really wish, that at least some of these issues are gone in 9.5.
I don't mind so much of the new features, but I'd wish that stability would be improved.

daforum
10-27-2008, 04:21 PM
I've been using 9.3 for a while on a MacBookPro UB and haven't had problems. The only time problems occur is when i introduce 3rd party scripts that sometimes make my system crawl/ hang or quit.

Saying that, it does get a bit slow on rendering, but I have read on these forums that users have experienced faster render times with the 9.5 UB beta