PDA

View Full Version : Hide and seek

Otterman
10-15-2008, 09:22 AM
Im Fed up of hiding the lightwave app for it never to return again!!!!!

I mean-i try everything to get it back via the dock, application switcher, top menu but its a show stopper.

Force quit without the option of saving makes me angry :devil:

Is this just me?

lightwave 9.3.1 os 10.5.1 mac 2x3.2 quad-core intel xeon

virtualcomposer
10-15-2008, 09:38 AM
It might be a good idea to enroll in the beta versions. I had that problem with 9.3.1 as well. Try the beta program and see if that doesn't fix the problem.

Otterman
10-15-2008, 12:10 PM
Hum...so far ive managed to avoid the pain and hassle involved with beta updates...ive a renderfarm to maintain and since hair and fur never really ranked high in my lw list of desires i never really saw the point.......

However, i hear final release is around the corner....woo-hoo, time for me to jump in i think!

Thanks Joshua-nice to know 9.5 has promise!

virtualcomposer
10-15-2008, 01:21 PM
Hey no problem. I'm waiting for the day (soon!!!) that 9.5 will be fully out. Hopefully this week maybe. At least I can wish.

Glendalough
10-15-2008, 05:35 PM

I mean-i try everything to get it back via the dock, application switcher, top menu but its a show stopper.

Force quit without the option of saving makes me angry :devil:

Is this just me?

lightwave 9.3.1 os 10.5.1 mac 2x3.2 quad-core intel xeon

Otterman,

You might try upgrading to the latest Leopard, think we're at .4 or .5 now. I had this problem too, but it seems to be possible to get the program back now when it does occasionally occur.

Hopper
10-15-2008, 05:44 PM

Force quit without the option of saving makes me angry

I'll bet you sound JUST like this guy right now ... I just read this post and couldn't help but laugh...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEAGmBRC1dc