PDA

View Full Version : Missing Plugins For Liveset...

jmmultex
10-15-2008, 09:07 AM
First, my apologies for asking so many questions on this board. I am trying to come up to speed as quickly as possible...

Background:

I use a two computer setup - one system runs the VT[5] clean and the second runs Lightwave, Adobe Suite, etc. Both are newly setup, from scratch installs of Windows Vista Ultimate.

I'm having a problem with Lightwave finding the Liveset plugins...

I installed LW9 using the original disk set, then installed the 3.0 update followed by the 3.1 update. The 3.0/3.1 updates install in a different folder from the original install by default, and I didn't change it ("Lightwave 3D 9.3" vs "Lightwave 3D 9"). I then installed the Lightwave Liveset Generator. This created two folders in the original Lightwave directory for the Example and Tutorial Content. I let them there, and also copied them into the content folder in the 9.3 directory.

When I try to load an example scene, it tells me that I have three plugins missing:

LiveSetRenderSupport (type:MasterSupport)
LiveSetSurface (type: Texture Handler)
LiveSetGenerator (type: AnimSaverHandler)

I've pointed the content directory to the Example folders in both the original and 9.3 directories, but no luck either way. I've also looked all over for these plugins but couldn't find them on the system. Do I need to download them separately? Are they "hidden" somewhere obvious and I'm just being dense about it (wouldn't be the first time for me!)

I'm very comfortable with Lightwave, and have read through the LiveSet Generator documentation, but would appreciate any suggestions to help me get past this.

Best,

-john

joseburgos
10-16-2008, 01:37 PM
Go to the utilities tab and select add plugins.
Find the liveset plugin and slect open.
All three plugins should install.

prospector
10-16-2008, 02:51 PM
I started another thread about this and nothing wasfound there .
Exactly where are the plugins?
I have done a search...nothing
I have manually checked thru each folder (in VT folder and ALL Lightwave folders and the Live Set generator folder.
I have none (That I can find), that are plugins.

jmmultex
10-16-2008, 03:09 PM
I was unable to find the plugin's after installing 9.3 and 9.31.

HOWEVER, I just tried something that seemed to work...

After installing the LiveSet Constructor Kit, I then installed Lightwave 9.5, rebooted, and the plugins were all found. The LiveSet kit seems to work fine in 9.5 - just needs 9.31 to install.

My guess is that the plugins were part of the 9.2 upgrade, which is no longer available for download, and never made it into the 9.3 upgrades. Who knows.

Anyway, give this a try and let me know if it works for you...

Thanks,
-john

I have manually checked thru each folder (in VT folder and ALL Lightwave folders and the Live Set generator folder.

joseburgos
10-16-2008, 03:14 PM
Go to the utilities tab and select add plugins.
Find the liveset plugin and slect open.
All three plugins should install.

Opps bad advise.
The LiveSet installer adds the plugins for you.
Been a while since I installed it and thought it was like all other plugins.

The installer has to be pointed to the proper LW version so try to re-install to the LW 9.3 or 9.5.
I choose to keep the lightwave 3d 9 folder name for 9.3 and 9.5 so I did not run into any problems.
If memory serves me right, Liveset plugin installs a dll or something along with the magicsurface.p plugin.

I would re-install and point to the LW version folder you are using.

Take care,

joseburgos
10-16-2008, 03:17 PM

It used to be in your downloads section when you logged into registration but it is not there anymore :confused:

I would call or write Newtek for it.

jmmultex
10-17-2008, 07:31 AM
I did talk to Newtek, and they effectively gave me the same original advice that you offered - add them through the Lightwave Plugins panel. Unfortunately, I had no luck there.

I was able to get it all working after installing LW9.5 - not exactly a textbook approach but it did get the job done.

I really appreciate your help here - hope I can return the favor some day...

-john

prospector
10-17-2008, 08:55 PM
Re-downloaded 9.3.1
It worked!!
thanks
dragged the plugin and 3 dlls to 9.5 and now that works.

joseburgos
10-19-2008, 06:26 AM
Super :thumbsup:

Now the question is, when will I be seeing some LiveSets from you guys? :goodluck:

Take care,

jmmultex
10-19-2008, 11:11 AM
I'll be glad to share what I build once I start producing sets that match the quality people in this community are looking for. Hopefully that will be soon.

I was able to build a test set that seemed to work OK, but I need to experiment a little more with a few things - specifically around using 4:3 cameras with 16:9 sets. Any advice?

I'll always to glad to share whatever I learn as I dig more deeply into the world of VT[5]. I've been away for quite a number of years, but this is - without a doubt - the most generous community I have ever been a part of.

Best Regards,

-john

joseburgos
10-19-2008, 02:35 PM
I was able to build a test set that seemed to work OK, but I need to experiment a little more with a few things - specifically around using 4:3 cameras with 16:9 sets. Any advice?
-john

Simple, make sure your LW camera is NTSC Wide Screen (or PAL) so that you get the exact camera view your set will have.
Now make sure your video input polygon and your FX polygon are 4:3 in size (Use the numeric tool in modeler to make a 4'x3' or 4mx3m).
Then make sure you select 16:9 under the Force Aspect of the LiveSet master plug-in.

Take care,

jmmultex
10-20-2008, 07:53 AM
Thanks!...

-john

billmi
11-07-2008, 10:57 AM
And re: the installation....
I just installed 3.5. The plugins and dlls are installed by the Lightwave Liveset Generator Installer, you don't need to install 9.3.1. The hitch I ran into was that the Liveset Generator assumed/believed my LW install was in C:\\Program Files\Newtek\Lightwave 9, and didn't give me an option to install elsewhere (it only asks where to put the start menu icons.) So it created a Lightwave 9 directory and put everything in there. I changed the name of my LW directory to Lightwave 9, and it now appears to have installed fine.

joseburgos
11-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Excellent :)
Does this mean we get to start seeing some LiveSets from you (hoping you say yes)?

billmi
11-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Yep, they're coming...