PDA

View Full Version : Cloth Error

lwanmtr
10-14-2008, 09:04 PM
Having a problem. I have created a cloth sim and I saved out the motion to a mdd file. I moved the scene from my pc to work on my mac..I load the scene and the cloth loads the mdd. I can scroll through the timeline and all is well..ok, so Hit 9 (remapped it from f9)...I get a 'clothfx node match error' and the geometry is all screwy. Is there something that I need to do?

Thanx.

lwanmtr
10-14-2008, 10:46 PM
nevermind..seems my render detail level was set higher than it was calc'd at..d'oh.

Dodgy
10-15-2008, 01:08 AM
Usually you would set the Subdivision order to 'After deformation' for this reason. This means the cloth gets calculated at the cage level, which speeds the calc up, and gives a smoother result, plus you can set your render level to whatever and it'll still work. I usually have a separate item which I do the calc on, and a higher res version as it's child with Metalink on, so it gets the effect of the cloth sim.

lwanmtr
10-15-2008, 01:15 AM
Having another issue now. I got my sim the way I wanted it, so now I'm setting up the animation..when I move the obects around, the simulation freaks out...
I have the cloth parented to another object to keep it's start position relative correct...If the objects start at 0,0,0 the simulation stays fine for a couple frames, but then quickly loses it's stability...If I the objects do not start at 0, then it immediately freaks out..If I remove the parenting, then the main dress portion returns to 0 then flies away...I've cleared the data and everything...

Dirk
10-15-2008, 04:03 PM
Is there a "local" checkbox in the file tab? When set to "local", you can moce the simulation around.

lwanmtr
10-15-2008, 05:15 PM
Ok. didnt know about that..is only available if you load the mdd....

But still having weirdness....I cleared all motions and ran the simulation on the moving object..it freaks out...in static tests, everything behaves properly....Would having my wind and turbulence generators parented to the moving object frreak it out like so?

here is an image..