PDA

View Full Version : Introduction to Fast Skin

WilliamVaughan
10-14-2008, 06:03 PM
Introduction to Fast Skin:
Right-Click Here to save (ftp://ftp.newtek.com/multimedia/movies/LW_9/Nodes_FastSkin.mov)

Hopper
10-14-2008, 06:07 PM
Awesome ...

I've almost filled an entire DVD worth of these videos. Truly amazing. Keep up the good work. It is greatly appreciated.

WilliamVaughan
10-14-2008, 06:09 PM
Awesome ...

I've almost filled an entire DVD worth of these videos. Truly amazing. Keep up the good work. It is greatly appreciated.

Almost..... are you sure you have them all :P

Hopper
10-14-2008, 06:19 PM
I've scraped all the older "NewTek" logo'd ones (tiny resolution) and some others are on my other box that I haven't copied, but I've watched every one I can find so far and have never been disappointed or fail to learn something new.

The first Guinness of the night is for you.. :D

(but my favorite is still Tofu.. )

K-Dawg
10-15-2008, 04:08 AM
Again. many thx for the videos William.

I like the way you show how easy and quick it is to get fleshy looks. I'm sure there are other ways to get that done too, but this material node does seem to do a very good job. Unlike the Dielectric Node, this one also renders way fast. Thx for showing :)

virtualcomposer
10-15-2008, 09:18 AM
I like the way William explains the buttons he pushes to. It makes it easy to understand each step clearly and I've said this before on other threads but I can tell he's excited & upbeat about what LW can do. If he's excited about LW after working 12 hours a day with it, then LW must be something really awesome! I might even send a Christmas animation to my family...that way I don't have to buy gifts this year.:D:D:D

WilliamVaughan
10-15-2008, 09:25 AM
12 hours....did someone call a half day and not tell me :P

virtualcomposer
10-15-2008, 09:36 AM
Lol:lol:

geothefaust
10-16-2008, 12:33 AM
Lol...

Hey, this video was really awesome. I found it useful. Thanks, yet again!! :bowdown:

alqadi
10-21-2008, 11:12 AM
Awesome
thanks for the tut.
I'm asking about the best way to add a vertex color map with Fast Skin.
I'v got a poor results with this.
thanks again.

ranhell
10-21-2008, 04:24 PM
thanks again for fast and simple....can you make one for zbrush for example make a ball in lw save it as obj import to zbrush make displasement map normal map nothing fancy just draw a w and send it back to lw and set up the node editor....

dogbite
10-22-2008, 06:53 AM
there is a drawback to fast skin. the material forces reflections on the surface if you use specular.
basically the specular function controlls reflection.

WilliamVaughan
10-22-2008, 11:25 AM
there is a drawback to fast skin. the material forces reflections on the surface if you use specular.

In the real world Spec, Glass and Reflection is all teh same thing...... in 3D it is broken out. So this Material is mimicing real world, if I understand correctly

IMI
10-22-2008, 05:44 PM

Not a drawback at all.
Plugging other nodes into the specular channel input can produce some AMAZING effects. :)

jasonwestmas
10-22-2008, 06:23 PM
I get good spec with fast skin so reflect away! I just turn down the quality to 70 or so and use 8 in the ray recursion box and you can get super fast results with production quality.