PDA

View Full Version : MXF Playback Problem with VT4.6

Marty01
10-14-2008, 12:08 PM
Installed the P2 viewer so the DVCPro50 files will play under VT4.6. The problem is that the clips have a lot of shudder in them when the camera moves. I played them on a different system under SpeedEdit standalone and they looked fine. Not sure what the problem may be on the VT4.6 system.
Anyone know what to do so I can edit this project on the VT4.6?

Thanks,
Marty

ted
10-14-2008, 11:08 PM
Without knowing more, I'm guessing the footage was shot at 24fps?

Marty01
10-15-2008, 08:39 AM
Hello Ted,
No I shot the footage as DVCPro50 so it's not 24p mode. When I looked at them on a system that's just running SpeedEdit standalone, with the timeline set up for SD 486i, they play fine. I just didn't want to have to edit them on that system since the guy I work with uses that system most of the time. Not enough room on my system drive where VT4.6 is loaded to install SpeedEdit on it. I would like go ahead and load VT5 on it if I could get caught up enough to do it. I found out yesterday that I'm going to get to buy a new system for VT5. That's great news. I can order it to be invoiced in December. That will be a great Christmas present.

Marty

kltv
10-15-2008, 10:20 AM
Maybe a field order reversal?

Marty01
10-15-2008, 12:02 PM
That's kindly what I'm thinking. When the camera is not moving it looks okay. I also have a lot of aliasing when it moves. Don't guess there is any way to change it, since there is nothing in any menu to do it.

Marty