PDA

View Full Version : Progressive counter - is this possible?

csoars
10-14-2008, 02:57 AM
I am doing a presentation and I am using Lightwave to do some flashy segments for it (to try and avoid "death by powerpoint") I would like to have a counter that is counting as the animation progresses. This would count the days as graphs show the demand / production graph progresing. IS this possible? Help would be appreciated

Cheers

Colin

Sensei
10-14-2008, 03:19 AM
Counter inside of animation, rendered text on some surface? It's possible to place text through IFX Nodes & Textures..

Jockomo
10-14-2008, 07:23 AM
I would use after effects to generate the count as an animation, then if necessary you could map video to geometry.

StereoMike
10-14-2008, 08:43 AM
there's a way to drive an actual counter (e.g. 3 slices with 0-9 on them to display anything from 000 to 999) by using expressions.
It has something to do with 'modulo', Enki the PIM guy once helped me with the expression (which I didn't fully understand).
i.e. a counter that will flip at 0 (and not interpolate rotation over the whole 0-9 thingy)
I'll see, if I can find it.

mike

Lightwolf
10-14-2008, 08:59 AM
there's a way to drive an actual counter (e.g. 3 slices with 0-9 on them to display anything from 000 to 999) by using expressions.
I've got a scene like that as well, using strips with the numbers from 0 to 9 mapped onto them.
The same idea also works well for rotating number wheels (i.e. an odometer).

I'll also try to see if I can dig it up.

Cheers,
Mike